What's new

Rive Gauche--anything similar

I love this stuff--clean, powdery, kind like an extra polished barbershop smell.

Anyone have anything similar they use?

Anything else? Haha......I think most of us use Rive Gauche. It may be worth trying YSL Body Kouros. They are not the same, but they both have anise in them and are both really great. I use both.

I love this stuff--clean, powdery, kind like an extra polished barbershop smell.

Anyone have anything similar they use?

Nothing smells quite similar to this all time great classic - but with that said, Azzaro Pour Homme and Aramis Tuscany have some Rive Gauche vibe to them, but lacks a bit in the lavender department and has more anise in them.

While I'm also a huge fan of YSL Body Kouros, I don't find it similar to Rive Gauche at all :biggrin1:

Nothing smells quite similar to this all time great classic - but with that said, Azzaro Pour Homme and Aramis Tuscany have some Rive Gauche vibe to them, but lacks a bit in the lavender department and has more anise in them.

While I'm also a huge fan of YSL Body Kouros, I don't find it similar to Rive Gauche at all :biggrin1:

No, I agree. Like I said, I don't think Rive Gauch and YSL Body Kouros are similar either. I just thought it was worth a suggestion.

To my nose, I swear that Aramis Tuscany is a blend of Rive Gauche and Azzaro Pour Homme. I am not a big fan of Azzaro, but I do like Tuscany. However, neither have the longevity of Rive Gauche on my skin.

Two of my other favorites:biggrin1:

I love Rive Gauche, and the closest I've come to it is Azzaro PH (though my experience is not extensive). Penhaligon's Sartorial is fantastic, and is a take on fougere, but to me it's very different to Rive Gauche - it doesn't have the same lavender and anise of the RG.

RG is one of my all time fav scents...no longevity on me, though. May I suggest Rive Gauche Intense, if you can find it. I haven't been able to.

Steve

RG is one of my all time fav scents...no longevity on me, though. May I suggest Rive Gauche Intense, if you can find it. I haven't been able to.

Steve

The "intense" version adds patchouli to the formula, which, in my opinion, detracts from the barbershop-esque quality of the original.

If you love Rive Gauche, just go with Rive Gauche. Beyond its being good, it is also relative inexpensive and readily available from discount sites.

Top Bottom