What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

My Ruger, K38, and 1911 posing after a long day at the farm:

proxy.php

Oh how I wish I could use mine at the farm

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I no longer own any autos. I love wheel guns so much more. I just added a ruger LCR to the stable as my primary ccw.

Cylinder never spun, but it is one of my favorites. Anniversary edition of the Florida Highway Patrol. Smith and Wesson 686. Got 2 of them
$031.jpg$032.jpg
Sorry about the quality still a bachelor so all I have is my Iphone.

Revolvers are my favorite type of handgun. I own several semi-autos but if forced to choose it would be wheelguns for me.

No experience with Smith's, but I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. Love the gun. Off a rest I and my hand loads, I group 1.5 inches at 25 yards. Can't do that offhand though.

Anyone else a wheelgun NUT?

Hey Tom,

I didn't know you hung out here:thumbup: Excellent! Just posted a pic of the Phoenix you did for me. What a coincidence.

Anyway, yeah, I'm a fan. I have a few, but my favorite? S&W 500!

proxy.php

.50 cal. It's like a stick of dynamite going off in your hand. What a blast this thing is to shoot.

There are some great videos on YouTube of this thing in action.

Cheers,

Ken

My daily carry is a S&W 442 with laser. Excellent carry piece for hot weather.
I do switch between that and my Dan Wesson CBOB .45. What a difference in weights!

We need to keep this thread going a bit longer and encourage more revolver participation.

The 4-inch Model 28 seen above is one of the very best ways to do .357 Magnum. I like the Smith & Wesson N-Frame best for use with .357 Magnum cartridge and full-power loads.

The snub Model 64 is mighty fine too. A K-Frame snub can frequently fit one's needs as readily as the very popular J-Frame.

I never fired one of the X-Frame Smith & Wessons like that .500 Magnum. Don't know that I'd want to own one but I'd sure take advantage of an opportunity to shoot one.

Here's an N-Frame Smith & Wesson Model 27 6-inch kept around here. Serial number dates it to 1980 but it was bought new in about 1982. A dab of Hunter Pistol Silhouette competition was accomplished with it before rules were changed to allow scope-equipped handguns beginning in the 1983 season. It's seen only range use since along with a bit of handgun hunting for deer. Never had opportunity to take a whitetail with it to date.
proxy.php

noelekal, I am really warming up to the N-frame but I think my heart still belongs to the L-frame. I snapped this not to long ago - it's nice to see the three frames together, although I think I need a Model 19 to really make the picture work well :)

proxy.php

Good shot that shows different steels available. 4-inch barrels are my very favorites too.

I guess I love the N-Frame .357 guns best. It's mass and balance appeal to me when used with heavy .357 Magnum handloads.

Here are more .357 Magnums built on the different frame sizes Smith & Wesson has offered. Top to bottom: N-Frame Model 27 6-inch blue, L-Frame Model 586 4-inch blue, K-Frame Model 19 4-inch nickel, and K-Frame Model 66 2 1/2-inch stainless steel. No J-Frame .357 Magnum model show here as such a revolver seems more of a stunt than a serious firearm because it is too stunted for use with "real" .357 Magnum loads in my view.
proxy.php

I no longer own any autos. I love wheel guns so much more. I just added a ruger LCR to the stable as my primary ccw.

I have contemplated a LCR many times. I would love to have one to carry but I can't bring myself to sell my subcompact XD and I just bought a H&K so I don't guess there is one in my near future. Nice looking guns everyone.

I prefer semi-auto pistols (mostly because I'm a Luger fan, they're my favourite firearms by far) but I do have a revolver (with a second on the way). I'm also a fan of British WWI Webley Mk VI revolvers. Here's a photo of my 1918 Webley Mk VI converted to single-shot .22 LR.

$P1010009.JPG$P1010011.JPG

And now for something a little different:
$Rast-Gasser.JPG

My model 1898 Rast-Gasser, in 8mm Rast-Gasser (think .32 H&R long). Accepted into the service of His Imperial and Royal Apostolic Majesty's service at Wiener-Neustadt in 1917.
It's an eight-shot, gate-loader. I wish it could talk!

Old Prohaska

Love Webleys so it's great to see the .22 conversion. That one would see some use around here.

The Rast Gasser is a gas! It's not often one of those turns up on a forum. It'd be fun to be able to shoot it a bit.

Top Bottom