What's new

Rhodium Re-plated Fatboy

Just got this back from closecut61 yesterday. My F4 Fatboy totally re-plated and restored in Rhodium. I am extremely happy with his work. :001_tt1:

Attachments

• $DSC_0320.jpg
    $DSC_0320.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 564
  • $DSC_0317.jpg
    $DSC_0317.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 557
  • $DSC_0321.jpg
    $DSC_0321.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 556
  • $DSC_0322.jpg
    $DSC_0322.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 557
I just got my fatboy in the mail today. Looks great, but I was thinking of getting rhodium plating if I like it. Do you find any benefits besides the aesthetic from rhodium plating? Does soap residue not adhere as much on the rhodium as it does on the nickel?

I just got my fatboy in the mail today. Looks great, but I was thinking of getting rhodium plating if I like it. Do you find any benefits besides the aesthetic from rhodium plating? Does soap residue not adhere as much on the rhodium as it does on the nickel?

I don't have any replated razors, and I'm planning on getting my toggle replated shortly. From what I've heard its all about how long you want that razor to last. Rhodium will most likely outlast your lifetime...so if you have something special (toggle, fatboy, barbasol) that you wanna pass on, it may be best to get it replated in rhodium. I believe its about $20 more than a nickel replate.

I was just wandering the same thing

Just got this back from closecut61 yesterday. My F4 Fatboy totally re-plated and restored in Rhodium. I am extremely happy with his work. :001_tt1:

One of the reason's I always feel confident recommending Dave...his work is top notch!! looks great!!! Another BOTOC , elderberry99 just got two NEW done by him.....stilling waiting for franks pics!!

Would love to see a few more pics....one of the silo doors, closed, and one silo doors open!

I was just wandering the same thing

No...soap scum will still get on your razor, but a good rinse daily, and once a week hit with scrub and bubbles will keep it shiny and new...Rhodium is harder than nickel and should give many years of service!

Dave must have his dunk tank working overtime. I just got my Aristocrat back from him done up in rhodium and it is gorgeous. I don't know if I can shave with it.

Dave let me know that my 46-47 Aristocrat and 30's Bar Handle NEW are done in Rhodium and on the way for delivery this week. He even had a mold to make a new endcap for the Aristocrat since it was missing one. First rate guy for communication from the get go, and reasonable pricing all the way. Cannot wait to get them back, because they were both a train wreck when I sent them in, and will have before and after pics once they show up.

That Fatboy looks gorgeous. After seeing your photo's, I am going to have to consider getting mine done now. Congrats, she's a beauty!

Dave is great guy to work with. He already plated one of my fatboy and it's beautiful. 4 more of my razors are with him for plating now.

Only thing is once you get back your razor from him it looks so beautiful you do not feel like shaving with it.

Dave let me know that my 46-47 Aristocrat and 30's Bar Handle NEW are done in Rhodium and on the way for delivery this week. He even had a mold to make a new endcap for the Aristocrat since it was missing one. First rate guy for communication from the get go, and reasonable pricing all the way. Cannot wait to get them back, because they were both a train wreck when I sent them in, and will have before and after pics once they show up.

That Fatboy looks gorgeous. After seeing your photo's, I am going to have to consider getting mine done now. Congrats, she's a beauty!

Really? I might go for that. I LOVE my aristocrat, even moreso than my Fatboy. The problem is it's missing the endcaps. No it doesn't affect the shave, but it's niggling nonetheless. I will keep Dave in mind if I ever decide on a replate. Thank you!

Top Bottom