What's new

Locally in the UK?

In shops I regularly see Old Spice, Tabac, Brut, Boots own brand, Jovan Musk, a couple of Gillette ones - generally in Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets, smaller pharmacies, "bargain" stores.

Some international stores often have interesting things too - a local Turkish one has several varieties of Arko splash and Lemon cologne, and an Indian one has a couple of varieties of Brut.

Had no luck yet hehe :) I'm 22 is the ones mentioned alright? In no way being offensive just don't wanna smell old if you know what I mean

Well I've been to Sainsbury, Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Boots, Pound Land, The Range, Indipendant Chemists, here in my town and none of them carry any Gillette products other than the current super multi blade stuff. I was after some AS but nada, nowt, nothing, zero, zip. Not even the Gillette balm or gel. So still on the look out for a cheaper fresh / cooling scent.

Another vote for the Boots Freshwood. I use the balm and splash in conjunction with each other. The scent is great, you'll have to try it for yourself. It is kinda a spicy/woody scent. I will keep a supply of Freshwood Balm & Splash in stock forever.

Another vote for the Boots Freshwood. I use the balm and splash in conjunction with each other. The scent is great, you'll have to try it for yourself. It is kinda a spicy/woody scent. I will keep a supply of Freshwood Balm & Splash in stock forever.

Does the Boots AS contain any soothing/astringent ingredients (eg menthol, glycerin, witch hazel, alum), or it it basically just alcohol and fragrance?

Does the Boots AS contain any soothing/astringent ingredients (eg menthol, glycerin, witch hazel, alum), or it it basically just alcohol and fragrance?

I'll try to post up the ingredients of both the Balm and Splash tomorrow. The balm certainly is very soothing.

Boots Freshwood Aftershave contains : Aqua, alcohol denat, glycerin, parfum, PEG-40, hydrogenated castor oil, dipropylene glycol, eugenol, limonene, linalool, cl 15510, cl 19140.

Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm contains : aqua, glycerin, paraffinum liquidum, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetyl alcohol, prunus dulcis, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, PEG-100 stearate, phenoxyethanol, parfum, dipropylene glycol, methylparaben, panthenol, allantoin, propylparaben, carbomer, tetrasodium EDTA, potassium hydroxide, eugenol, linalool, BHT.

Directly from bottles, im tired and their long words haha :D Both good products, funnily enough the bay rum, was sold out after having a full shelf last week.

Brilliant, thanks. I've walked past it plenty of times and not picked it up - at the price, I really should try a bottle.

Top Bottom