What's new

I need a "manly" cologne, apparently....

The Gentlemen's Quarter Leatherneck cologne. It smells like a gentleman should after a day of work. Very slightly musky with what smells to me like oranges and clean leather. Also a little bit goes a long way.

Knize 10 - Leathery and masculine
Creed Green Irish Tweed - The GIT is a crowd pleaser.
J. Peterman 1903 - Woody and dark. Manly almost to a fault.
Caron Yatagan - Weird but very manly. Clint Eastwood/Lee Marvin covered in burns kinda manly.

That ought to get you started.

Dude. If she thinks the 1805 is girly, she is NOT going to think the GIT is manly by comparison.

You don't like John Ritter? No problem, maybe you will like...Don Knotts.

See? I just doesn't work.

FWIW, OP: Vintage Tabarome. Knize Ten. Givenchy Gentleman.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Knize Ten
Creed Tabarome
T+H Grafton
Trumper's Eucris

That would be my recommendations for manly scents.

Blenheim Bouquet is often referenced as the ultimate male "power" frag. But man oh man, it doesn't last 10 minutes on my skin, and it's constantly reviewed the same way by many.

Blenheim Bouquet was the fragrance that came to mind when I began to read this thread. I have some, tried it and I just couldn't carry it off but it might work well for you! If your wife seems particular, let HER pick out a fragrance for you! :w00t:

Good Luck! :biggrin:

I'd sit her down and tell her this:

"You think that the cologne I'm wearing is girly? I'll tell you what girly is. It's letting my wife make me feel guilty about how I look or what I do. That's girly. But I'm not girly. I'm a man and a man has to make his own way in the world. If I'm wearing it or I'm doing it, it's not girly. It's manly."

Educate, don't capitulate.

Just don't push it by showing up for breakfast in an angora sweater and pearls. I can't help you with that.

An oldie but a goodie (and cheap if you can find it): Monsieur Musk by Dana. Smells like a mixture of horse pee and turpentine when applied, but settles down into a nice musky manly 70's scent after a few minutes. Use sparingly or you will spontaneously combust. Best used in combination with a go-to-hell hat and a pack of Swisher Sweets.

Seriously, I dig the stuff and my wife likes it too.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=4008

Aubrey Organics Northern Woods. It's listed as an AS splash, but I use it as a cologne too. Cheap, natural and organic. Plus smells good (and manly) how can you go wrong. Keep in mind it's strong out of the bottle, but it settles pretty quickly to a nice recognizable scent.

They also have other products with the same scent if you don't want to mix different smells and end up smelling like a french lady of the night.

"You think that the cologne I'm wearing is girly? I'll tell you what girly is. It's letting my wife make me feel guilty about how I look or what I do. That's girly. But I'm not girly. I'm a man and a man has to make his own way in the world. If I'm wearing it or I'm doing it, it's not girly. It's manly."

what he said!

Dominate, don't wussinate.

hahahhaha

bay rum
Knize 10
Hammam Bouquet
Blenheim Bouquet
C&S #88
Caron Yatigan

Just don't push it by showing up for breakfast in an angora sweater and pearls. I can't help you with that.

You, sir, are a great American.

I keep mentioning Michael Kors for Men. IMO, It is outstanding and quite "manly". (Check Basenotes reviews.) It is usually inexpensive too. Rum/bourbon, sweet tobacco, leather, a faint cherry note - it is good stuff. I get women commenting on it regularly.

On other forums, where only certain niche cologne manufacturers seem to be discussed, my mention of Michael Kors goes over like a turd in a punchbowl. Zero energy around it... yet discussions around "sexy" Knize 10 and lavender waters are common place.

I guess terms such as: manly, sexy, quality, classy, etc., are all relative terms.

Check it out... tell 'em Rusty sent ya. :biggrin:

Yeah you RIGHT, Nid Hog!

Beyond the education:

Trumper's Eucris
Ogallala Bay Rum
Floris Santal
Guerlain Vetiver
Aqua Velva

I guess terms such as: manly, sexy, quality, classy, etc., are all relative terms.

It's highly subjective.

I'm somewhere between "take her along" if she's that picky and Nid Hog's "fuggitdaboutit- if I wear it's manly."

I've got an ultra finicky woman in my life and I flip flop between the two attitudes around her.

I ignored her initial protestations about Rose 31 and now she really likes it.
Same with Pour Monsieur.

Top Bottom