What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

I get it, I get it. I saw the movie Shrek.

hahaha Excellent!

SHREK: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
DONKEY: Example?

SHREK: Example? Okay. Uh... ogres are like onions.

DONKEY: They stink?

SHREK: Yes. No!

DONKEY: Oh, they make you cry?

SHREK: No!

DONKEY: Oh, you leave them out in the sun, they get all brown and start sprouting little white hairs.

SHREK: No! Layers! Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.

DONKEY: Oh... you both have layers... You know, not everybody like onions. Cakes! Everybody likes cakes. Cakes have layers.

SHREK: I don't care what everyone likes. Ogres are not like cakes... You dunce, irritating, miniature beast of burden. Ogres are like onions. End of story.

Well, all of this talk about onions got me thinking and i found this: by Pablo Neruda

Ode to the Onion:
Onion, luminous flask, your beauty formed petal by petal, crystal scales expanded you and in the secrecy of the dark earth your belly grew round with dew. Under the earth, the miracle happened and when your clumsy green stem appeared, and your leaves were born like swords in the garden, the earth heaped up her power showing your naked transparency, and as the remote sea in lifting the breasts of Aphrodite duplicated the magnolia, so did the earth make you, onion, clear as a planet, and destined to shine, constant constellation, round rose of water, upon the table of the poor. Generously you undo your globe of freshness in the fervent consummation of the cooking pot, and the crystal shred in the flaming heat of the oil is transformed into a curled golden feather. Then, too, i will recall how fertile is your influence on the love of the salad, and it seems that the sky contributes by giving you the shape of hailstones to celebrate your chopped brightness on the hemispheres of a tomato. But with reach of the hands of the common people, sprinkled with oil, dusted with a bit of salt, you kill the hunger of the day-labourer on his hard path. Star of the poor, fairy godmother wrapped in delicate paper, you rise from the ground eternal, whole, pure like an astral seed, and when the kitchen knife cuts you, there arises the only tear without sorrow. You make us cry without hurting us. i have praised everything that exists, but to me, onion, you are more beautiful than a bird of dazzling feathers, you are to my eyes a heavenly globe, a platinum goblet, an unmoving dance of the snowy anemone and the fragrance of the earth lives in your crystalline nature.

i guess i should have reworded it for you guys, but i did not want to infringe on any copyright laws! Hehe.

Last edited:
Hey
anyone here has OC TTO SENATOR ? how does it shave? And how rare it is?
they are not rare, heres a pic of both
proxy.php

Well, brothers (and sister), I hate to dampen the mood of the thread, but since you're my brothers (and sister), I feel like I need to tell you that I am hurting today.

Yesterday afternoon my mother passed away. It is hard for me to imagine the world without her in it, so it was a bit tough to get out of bed this morning. Some of you may have already lost one or both parents, but this is new to me.

I managed to get up, get cleaned up, and got a nice two-pass shave. It made me feel a little better.

I hope you all have a better day than I am having.

I have been there brother. My dad left me about 15 years ago. My mom just over two years now and my first wife over 12 years now. Just recently lost two brothers and one sister as well. It seems to be all around us the older we get.
My heart goes out to you.

Brother .... I am very sad to hear of your mothers passing. Today would have been my mothers Birthday... And she passes away within two weeks of it last year. I lost my father 1 month before my 20th Birthday.... And at 48 now how both of my parents that have left this earthly plane.

I wish there were words any of us that could express to help remove the pain and sorrow you must feel, but the truth is we can't. Your pain will lessen in time, but it does take awhile...... Even today I wish it was as simple as picking up the phone and wishing my mom a happy birthday. Rest in the peace of our memories of your mom, remember the good times you've shared with her, and even your bad times. If you are a spiritual man, be in peace that this world is simply an illusion... The that true self is not bound by the limits of this physical existence , and that your mom is now part of the higher spiritual planes....united with the source of all of the creation, and that the pain and suffering of this life is now gone for her....

I wish for peace upon you and that in time your pain is lessened.

Well, brothers (and sister), I hate to dampen the mood of the thread, but since you're my brothers (and sister), I feel like I need to tell you that I am hurting today.

Yesterday afternoon my mother passed away. It is hard for me to imagine the world without her in it, so it was a bit tough to get out of bed this morning. Some of you may have already lost one or both parents, but this is new to me.

I managed to get up, get cleaned up, and got a nice two-pass shave. It made me feel a little better.

Thanks, gentlemen.

I do believe that she has moved from one sphere to another, but it will still take a while to cope with the concept of having her gone.

Very sorry to hear that Sir. I lost my Mom 6 years back. Mother's love cannot be explained in words. That is the only love, that does not demand anything in return. Take care Sir.

Thanks, gentlemen.

I do believe that she has moved from one sphere to another, but it will still take a while to cope with the concept of having her gone.

Yes Randall... It will take awhile.... And the emotions you feel may seem like a rollercoaster...but rest assured... It does get better. We are here for ya bro.... You need to talk.... Shoot me a Pm and I'll give you my number... Always here to support my brothers ...

Sorry for your loss Randall. As Ken has already stated, we have lost both of our parents...the only family we have is each other, and he has a daughter. It is hard to describe the emptiness one feels once a parent is gone.

Relish the good times you had with her. She will remain in the minds and heart of you and your family forever.

May peace be upon you.

Man!!! I'm so sorry for your loss.
I lost Mom a couple of years ago. It was very hard for my sister and I.

God Speed and many blessings.

In His service

Van

I am very sorry for your loss,I lost my father 25 years ago and my mom 6 years,as long as you remember the good times you had with your mom she will never be gone from you.

I feel for you :( Having lost my "parents" my grandparents who were the only real parents I had and a mother figure this last January. I can say it is a numbing pain. I miss them still after so many years and these short months without them and sometimes I feel like they are with me. We all have our own beliefs and feelings but I think we all share the same when we loose someone we love. I give you a warm hug and even though we all may not know each other very well.. I think we all share a brother sisterhood. I am speaking for us all , we are here to comfort you.

April

Top Bottom