What's new

Post your Pictures - Damascus

This is one of these threads ive been looking forward to...

There really isn't anything quite like a Damascus razor (or pattern-welded, if you want to get really picky). They're unbelievably good looking - and really the embodiment of the razor collector - so, so much form... for exactly the same function.

maybe thats why we love them.

And so, without any further adieu.. allow me to present my one and only Damascus straight, a beautiful Zowada, from the B&B batch he was kind enough to create...

proxy.php

There really isn't anything quite like a Damascus razor (or pattern-welded, if you want to get really picky).

Sigh....so ones like this I'm working on restoring don't count, huh?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Oh well....it'll still be purdy, all dressed up in olivewood and ebony wedge.... :tongue_sm:

i just mailed 2 damascus str8s back to the seller today. they would not take an edge to save my life.:mad3:
hopefully i will get a refund as they claimed they would do. such a shame too. i liked these blades.

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqVHJB8E-N1cQ,wsBPu5ETFlGg~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqVHJB8E-N1cQ,wsBPu5ETFlGg~~60_57.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 805
  • $$(KGrHqVHJEoE-luv7YrsBPu5KikCl!~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqVHJEoE-luv7YrsBPu5KikCl!~~60_57.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 811
Dudes, these look like something Leonidas would'a tucked in his boot when he marched against the Persians. These things are almost gorgeous enough to make me want a str8!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Here are some of mine

Joe Chandler produces Pendray Wootz Damascus

proxy.php

Devin Thomas Spiral Damascus

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Damascus

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Takeda Damascus

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Bergamo Damascus

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Blue Tong Damascus

proxy.php

Last, but definitely not least, Tim Zowada Wood Grain Damascus

proxy.php

Isaac's got me beat but here are mine...

Zowada B&B LE

proxy.php

Livi - 7/8 Blue Tongue Damascus & Mammoth Ivory

proxy.php

Livi - 7/8 Takeda Damascus & Ram's Horn

proxy.php

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have to say that your Takeda Damascus with Ram's Horn is one of my favorite Livi's. If you ever decide to sell, I hope you call me first :)

Last edited:
Here is mine.
Short story, made shorter...This razor was sold and found it way back to me.
Since it showed back up, I figure it wanted to stay around awhile :001_smile.
So I decided to take it to a new grinder I'm working on.
So, fresh off the grinder, out of the etching jar and off of the stones...
My layered white paper steel razor

Attachments

• $_MG_7502.jpg
    $_MG_7502.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 742
  • $_MG_7505_2.jpg
    $_MG_7505_2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
Thanks!
The steel shaves really nice and since I don't keep many of my own razors, I figured this one was as good as any.
I'll say, you have once nice stable of pattern welded razors. They are all very nice but Devin's steel is really cool to look at :biggrin1:.
Kind of the same thing as setting around a fire and just staring at it....you can't help it.:blink:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Ill be honest. The Devin is something else. I do have to say that I had it rescaled. The original ones that he put on there did not do the blade justice. Here is a before picture of the scales

proxy.php

They were rescaled by Russell AKA Aquannin. Ivory with a horn wedge.

You know, the problem with customs for me is that I never know what I want done. I don't have much of an imagination, and rather buy customs on how they turn out and are for general sale.

Ill be honest. The Devin is something else. I do have to say that I had it rescaled. The original ones that he put on there did not do the blade justice. Here is a before picture of the scales

proxy.php

They were rescaled by Russell AKA Aquannin. Ivory with a horn wedge.

You know, the problem with customs for me is that I never know what I want done. I don't have much of an imagination, and rather buy customs on how they turn out and are for general sale.

It's tough to beat ivory! It always looks great regardless of blade design / steel / size.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom