What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

Word on the street is that Irisch Moos is being discontinued. So I'm out, for the 3rd time. I pretty much suck at this. :blush: You guys gonna hang in there?

Still in, but between QCS ASB, Mystic Waters, & introductory prices on the new Razorock soaps, I'm afraid my sabbatical is on its deathbed. :a46:

I have wondered what I would do if a favorite product was discontinued, such as AoS soaps. There is still plenty of good stuff out there, so I would just move on. That said, I can appreciate the difficulty of wrestling with it, so Vlad, I have a very lightly used stick of IM, which is yours if you want it.

Still in, but between QCS ASB, Mystic Waters, & introductory prices on the new Razorock soaps, I'm afraid my sabbatical is on its deathbed. :a46:

I hear ya, Price. I'd be a goner for sure if I had been picked for the trials on the QCS ASB's, 'cuz I'm dodging bullets as it is with that product. I'm going to do the Minimalist May and see if that assuages the itch at all. I'd really like to make it through the first half.

Word on the street is that Irisch Moos is being discontinued. So I'm out, for the 3rd time. I pretty much suck at this. :blush: You guys gonna hang in there?

Excuse me, I think I am getting the shakes thinking about this. Say it ain't so!!

In other news, today was a GLORIOUS day! I found an unopened bottle of Clubman Hair Tonic at home, stuck between my stash of Clubman Country Club Size AS.

Hey Lou... you have any Mosswood you want to trade for Jickey ?

Mosswood is on the Do Not Trade list, besides I think I only have half a bottle which I'm using very sparingly. I think, because I didn't notice any in my AS stash in the basement. Now if you want Oriental Spice for Jickey, I'll gladly trade.

Dream on...

MWF limited-edition sandalwood shaving soap in a monogrammed cocobolo bowl

Simpson limited-edition 100-brush mahogany display case

A recently-discovered cache of Penhaligon's tallow English fern shaving soap

A Rooney pre-ban ivory 3/1 brush

It was a rough weekend for me. Friday night I got a haircut only to find that my barber has really increased his stock of shaving products. I knew I couldn't get out of there without a new razor, but then they gave me one just so I would try it and report back to him what I thought of it.

Saturday I wound up bidding on eBay for a Slim and a Super Adjustable, but got outbid.

Sunday I stumbled across the only l'Occitane shop within hundreds of miles, right next to Bath & Body Works in Omaha. I couldn't resist the shelf full of Cade products, but they are for my nephews college graduation present, so I'm still in, right?

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Really?!?! I bought three wooden bowls of TOBS lavender when they were discontinued/reformulated. I might have to get some Irisch Moos.

Sunday I stumbled across the only l'Occitane shop within hundreds of miles, right next to Bath & Body Works in Omaha. I couldn't resist the shelf full of Cade products, but they are for my nephews college graduation present, so I'm still in, right?
Suuuuure they are. Keep telling yourself that.

I have to stay out of NYC... If I got to Pasteur's I would fold. I could not stay away from the Boosters Mosswood.

Might be time for a meetup at the Heartland Brewery in the Empire State Building. LOL And maybe, just maybe, I'll shave with my JM Fraser Mosswood Shaving Cream and follow that up with liberal splashes of the heavenly Mosswood AS. Maybe...:shifty:

Top Bottom