What's new

Mach 3 vs Proglide: differences?

Hi to all,

I have a simple question:

- some one has compared Mach 3 with Proglide?

there are difference?

What is better?

Actually I have tried Proglide... but I had noted that in some point it don't cut very well the beard. I have the sensation of an incomplete cut of the beard.

Possible that the old Mach 3 Turbo can be better?

A safety De razor can give me a better shave?

I CAN'T go with COUNTER-BEARD.

I think that Proglide and Fusion are only marketing...

Actually I use Proglide only because I have winned a ack of 4 blade + razor

Now I'm evalutaing to try DE or to take back to Mach 3

Like people have already mentioned, you are going to get many different answers. I like the Fusion razors better than the Mach 3. For me they work excellent. Plus, the Fusion has the single edge trimmer on the back of the cartridge which is awesome for edging. With that said, the Mach 3 also works fine for me. If the Mach 3 had a single trim blade too, I would probably use that one if it was cheaper.

The only problem is that I need 30 minutes for shaving with DE... and I wake up at 5 a.m......

If I make a fast calc... with Mach 3 I require 10 minutes.... vs 30 minutes with DE

I think that in 2012 gillette will launch an 8 blade razor

I really hope that's a joke.

I hope to learn DE shaving :-(

Actually is a bloodbath :-8

Nah, it's not that bad. You will figure it out and the bloodbath will end very quickly as your technique improves.
e t
The only problem is that I need 30 minutes for shaving with DE... and I wake up at 5 a.m......

If I make a fast calc... with Mach 3 I require 10 minutes.... vs 30 minutes with DE

I can't argue this, but I found myself in a hurry to meet a girl for a last minute date. I had to shower and shave FAST! I did it all in 15 minutes including shower, 2-pass shave, and brushing my teeth. I didn't have the best shave, but it was still good. I had a single weeper above the lip that went away before my final rinse. So yeah, once you get your technique down a DE shave can be almost as fast as a cartridge shave.

Friends don't let friends use Gillette carts. Seriously. Pick up a pack of Schick hydro 3s or 5s or the quattros if you want to use cartridge razors.

I can't argue this, but I found myself in a hurry to meet a girl for a last minute date. I had to shower and shave FAST! I did it all in 15 minutes including shower, 2-pass shave, and brushing my teeth. I didn't have the best shave, but it was still good. I had a single weeper above the lip that went away before my final rinse. So yeah, once you get your technique down a DE shave can be almost as fast as a cartridge shave.

Similar here. I can shower and 4 pass shave w/ touchup in just under 30 min, when I use a shave stick.

RE the OP... learn to use the DE and you will get better shaves. There is a learning curve, though.

I started off with Mach 3 Turbo and find them just fine. Then I was out shopping after a long lunchtime session and trying to convince Mrs R that I was sober enough to get the groceries... I remembered that I needed some new carts but the supermarket had no stock of Mach 3 Turbos, and instead had a massive display of Fusion and Proglide stuff. In my "relaxed" state of mind, I thought, and indeed told the missus, that all carts would fit my razor and so I purchased a pack.

Of course, that is not the case, and I found this out after I had torn the packaging to shreds to get the damn things out.

So the next day I had to go back and buy a b******y Fusion razor!

On balance, I find the Mach 3 Turbo better, and cheaper, but as usual YMMV.

Top Bottom