What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

BTW, Lee is not the Owner of Rooney's as someone keeps saying, he WAS the Managing Director (MD), whatever that means.

This is my understanding from Lee as well. MD means managing director. Basically the guy who runs EVERYTHING in a company for the owners/stockholders. I never asked if he every had any ownership in Rooney. However, MD is how Lee has always described his role at Rooney in our conversations.

Wow, that's pretty interesting because it's not just random people saying he is/was the owner, it has been passed as so by respected vendors who have been in touch with him thorough out the years. If you do a simple search for 'Sabini' on any fora and go back to early posts those statements go back to the beginning of every one of the shaving forums. What you are saying sounds like it comes from him, unless it's part of the Edit disclaimer.

I always understood the Lee Sabini (and now I guess M&F) brushes as being prototypes and test beds for eventual hair and handles that would eventually show up in the Rooney lineup if successful. The first I heard of the Finest grade of hair was on a Sabini brush.

Lee has sold prototype Rooney brushes on his Ebay page, how else does a company get rid of dozens of trial models in 2011? Lee told me he is starting out on his own with a new company. I cant remember if he said he is cutting all ties with Rooney, but he could have and I forgot. As the same guy ran both companies its not surprise there has been some bleed over.

By the way Loric and other guys are real enabler. I purchased the white one but I have to wait the postman next two weeks.

Why does everyone call me out like this :lol: Its not so much enabling, as letting my obsession flow to the rest of the world.

This is my understanding from Lee as well. MD means managing director. Basically the guy who runs EVERYTHING in a company for the owners/stockholders. I never asked if he every had any ownership in Rooney. However, MD is how Lee has always described his role at Rooney in our conversations.

From different sources, he became the MD under Ms P. Rooney, who retired some years ago from day to day operations. Maybe the whole "ownership" thing has just been a misunderstanding from him being the only point of contact and the one running things all these years, but many vendors have many times referred to him as the new owner.

Lee has sold prototype Rooney brushes on his Ebay page, how else does a company get rid of dozens of trial models in 2011? Lee told me he is starting out on his own with a new company. I cant remember if he said he is cutting all ties with Rooney, but he could have and I forgot. As the same guy ran both companies its not surprise there has been some bleed over.

Hhmmm! I wasn't trying to imply otherwise, but now it sounds so weird that he's coming across as so detached. He has also sold brushes under the Olde Apothecary name before and the no name ones, folks just referred to them as Sabini brushes.

Well, I am starting to worry.

I order my Blonde on 2/1 and perhaps it is stuck in customs, or some gnarly customs agent fell in love with my Blonde. Hmpfff.

From different sources, he became the MD under Ms P. Rooney, who retired some years ago from day to day operations. Maybe the whole "ownership" thing has just been a misunderstanding from him being the only point of contact and the one running things all these years, but many vendors have many times referred to him as the new owner.

Hhmmm! I wasn't trying to imply otherwise, but now it sounds so weird that he's coming across as so detached. He has also sold brushes under the Olde Apothecary name before and the no name ones, folks just referred to them as Sabini brushes.

In the end I really dont care who owns what...aside from me owning some amazing brushes that is :thumbup1:

In the end I really dont care who owns what...aside from me owning some amazing brushes that is :thumbup1:

AMEN and a bunch of +1's to this one!!!! The proof is in the brush. Who cares about all that stuff, it's nobodys business but Lee's! Just keep making those superlative brushes!!!

Fred

Lee Sabini's brushes inspire a following. I have found myself replacing some very nice brushes with even nicer Morris & Forndran brushes - I have a 24mm white handle and a 27mm horn handle Blonde Badger. Every time I e-mail Lee to give him props for his brushes, he sends me a picture of another brush that I want. I now have a 24mm x 49mm super badger on the way (I wanted to try a different hair grade). The handle is something unique - I'll post some pictures of my Morris & Forndran family when this third member arrives.

Every time I e-mail Lee to give him props for his brushes, he sends me a picture of another brush that I want.

Absolutely. Anyone who thinks Seth is an enabler has never talked to Lee:lol:

Seth only points out things he likes. Lee goes and builds anything you happen to mention:lol: It will be your perfect brush... Until the next one he sends you a picture of:lol:

I mentioned to Lee that he was getting quite the reputation around here as the king of enablers:thumbup: He wasn't sure if that was a good thing, but I assured him it is:thumbup:

Bottom line, if you value your brushes, drop Lee a note. If you value your wallet, DON'T:lol:

Ken

Long time no see, Ken. How do you do? I think same as you. Lee is a great enabler which he proves it with all his work and effort.:thumbup:

Absolutely. Anyone who thinks Seth is an enabler has never talked to Lee:lol:

Seth only points out things he likes. Lee goes and builds anything you happen to mention:lol: It will be your perfect brush... Until the next one he sends you a picture of:lol:

I mentioned to Lee that he was getting quite the reputation around here as the king of enablers:thumbup: He wasn't sure if that was a good thing, but I assured him it is:thumbup:

Bottom line, if you value your brushes, drop Lee a note. If you value your wallet, DON'T:lol:

Ken

I just got my M&F brush today and all i can say is WOW!!!!!! This is the greatest single brush I ever graced my path. It is just perfect. 24 knot and 49 loft. PERFECT for face lather!

Top Bottom