What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

By the way, I guess I've never officially declared my membership as a LOSER. I happen to enjoy shaving with all kinds of safety razors...Bar-guard DEs, Open Comb DEs, SE razors (Gems, Ever-Readys, etc.), and Injectors. I get excellent shaves with all of them...I just need to adjust my technique and blades to the particular style of razor. It's all good!

I'm proud to say that I'm a LOSER!

I think that went for way too much...there have been and will be better deals on Streamlines/Jewels.
I wait......Also wanted to get a Darwin that shipped nomly to UK>>>

By the way, I guess I've never officially declared my membership as a LOSER. I happen to enjoy shaving with all kinds of safety razors...Bar-guard DEs, Open Comb DEs, SE razors (Gems, Ever-Readys, etc.), and Injectors. I get excellent shaves with all of them...I just need to adjust my technique and blades to the particular style of razor. It's all good!

I'm proud to say that I'm a LOSER!
Welcome aboard Larry, i too shave w different razors. its ok.

On the odd chance no one has linked to this song yet-- this thread has gotten way too long for me to ck back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynpC1e9I9E

Actually that is the first time someone has linked to that song. Being born in 1963 the Beatles never did anything for me (I am sure that is blasphemous to many)

When I think LOSER I think of BECK (not Jeff Beck either for you slightly older gentlemen)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see that video earlier in this thread and being born a decade sooner than you, Daniel, I thought, at first, it might be Jeff Beck !!! I love this new-to-me Beck though and, quite frankly it is such a good song (I mentioned this in an earlier post) that it was the deciding factor for me when others were still struggling with the LOSER acronym. Please understand, I was not proposing the Beatle's Loser as a theme song, Beck's wins on that count, no question!!!!!!

Thanks for re-posting it and reminding me and making sure that more recent contributors see it-- I need to explore more of this "new Beck's" work!!!!!!!and I have not taken time but I will. My 18 yr old son knew this Loser song and this Beck and it gave me an opportunity to talk to him about the REAL Beck :). This "new" Beck is great however because he manages to mix good old Eric Clapton/Jeff Beck rock with hip hop in way that is really compelling.

Finally, I don't think it is against anyone's religion not to like the Beatles- though it could be- but I am certain that there is some kind of law, at least in Great Britain, if not in our country, that you MUST like the Beatles. I have to tell you though that if I am elected, say, King of the Universe, I would absolutely support such a law if it were proposed.:001_smile

I am also certain that when the Dolphins rule the earth that they will find the tight harmony of the Beatles irresistible, Lennon's lyrics thought provoking and McCartney's melodies addictive. Until then, you are fine. After that, you could find yourself having to balance a beach ball on your nose at the human zoo and having to sing Norwegian Wood for raw fish. It could happen. You might want to reconsider your statement. Just sayin' . . .

Finally, I don't think it is against anyone's religion not to like the Beatles- though it could be- but I am certain that there is some kind of law, at least in Great Britain, if not in our country, that you MUST like the Beatles. I have to tell you though that if I am elected, say, King of the Universe, I would absolutely support such a law if it were proposed.:001_smile

I am also certain that when the Dolphins rule the earth that they will find the tight harmony of the Beatles irresistible, Lennon's lyrics thought provoking and McCartney's melodies addictive. Until then, you are fine. After that, you could find yourself having to balance a beach ball on your nose at the human zoo and having to sing Norwegian Wood for raw fish. It could happen. You might want to reconsider your statement. Just sayin' . . .

Well Even though Arley (Daniel) is my twin brother....we do not share the same views on the Beatles..I LOVE the Beatles...IMO one of the greatest song writing teams of all time...and some of the greatest songs ever written.....there is no way we can look at music and NOT see how they influenced nearly every perform after them.....that being said...my fav band of all time...another great British song writing team...Page/Plant.....Led Zeppelin...!!! Every since I traded a Donnie and Marie record for Led Zeppelin 1 in the 4th grade and put on Good Times bad Times that was it......changed my life!!

and Dolphins do rule the universe....us humans just realize it yet...... :)

...............and Arley already frequently sings for raw fish...but its normally Ich Will by Rammstein
View attachment 245257

I must agree with Arley here. If I never hear a Beatles song again it will be ok with me. I mute them every time I can. If you want to talk about music, GOOD music, you have to put the Eagles at the top of the list. After them it doesn't really matter who you list, they are a distant second.

G-bar came in a little while ago. Quick pic before cleaning it up. It is a nice one. Lucky score for me I guess. Already shaved today so who knows when I will get to use it as tomorrow is Tech Tuesday

proxy.php

G-bar came in a little while ago. Quick pic before cleaning it up. It is a nice one. Lucky score for me I guess. Already shaved today so who knows when I will get to use it as tomorrow is Tech Tuesday

proxy.php

Congrats on the G-Bar score, I personally love mine, plus it just looks so cool and retro.

Congrats on the G-Bar score, I personally love mine, plus it just looks so cool and retro.

wait- this about razors? it was good to see a great picture of a G-bar - it calmed me down- music, politics and religion-- stressful topics- sorry I went there for awhile.

Just had my first shave using my vintage Yardley that I scored yesterday (for $2!)

View attachment 245133
bill, 2 bucks?

I did see that video earlier in this thread and being born a decade sooner than you, Daniel, I thought, at first, it might be Jeff Beck !!! I love this new-to-me Beck though and, quite frankly it is such a good song (I mentioned this in an earlier post) that it was the deciding factor for me when others were still struggling with the LOSER acronym. Please understand, I was not proposing the Beatle's Loser as a theme song, Beck's wins on that count, no question!!!!!!

Thanks for re-posting it and reminding me and making sure that more recent contributors see it-- I need to explore more of this "new Beck's" work!!!!!!!and I have not taken time but I will. My 18 yr old son knew this Loser song and this Beck and it gave me an opportunity to talk to him about the REAL Beck :). This "new" Beck is great however because he manages to mix good old Eric Clapton/Jeff Beck rock with hip hop in way that is really compelling.

Georfrey Jeff Beck was jamming with Rolling stone's Mick this weekend on tv' Saturday night live.

I must agree with Arley here. If I never hear a Beatles song again it will be ok with me. I mute them every time I can. If you want to talk about music, GOOD music, you have to put the Eagles at the top of the list. After them it doesn't really matter who you list, they are a distant second.

I concur ..I could live without listening to the Beatles as well. I could never understand what all the hype was about.
Beatles are legends, nuff said " :smile:

sweet G

Beautiful! Also, that is the biggest brush I think I have ever seen!

proxy.php

3rd shave using my gold Valet autostrop loaded with spineless, SE, Feather. Another nice smooth shave, nearly one pass BBS-- I kind of like the clean precision feel and angle when trimming side burns- really attractive razor too- posted picture earlier in this thread- I will go exclusively with this for as long as sensible to get a good read on it. Blades were so pricey, I figure one has got to do me at least 10 shaves or I will be disappointed-- we shall see. I will not have time to revive strop for a month or so if I choose to go that route. Unlike the SEs with spines that take on new life with my window glazing tools, I will be throwing used blades away after a respectable number of shaves. (I am not sure that stropping these guys will do much anyway- we shall see.)

Beautiful! Also, that is the biggest brush I think I have ever seen!

It is a Rooney 3XL heritage....

Overall brush height: 103 mm
Handle height: 50 mm
Brush Loft: 53 mm
Knot diameter: 30 mm

Softest brush I have ever owned. It is like getting hit in the face with a large cloud.

Used the new formula proraso red again tonight. I think that I just don't like it. I'm going to finish the tube, but I won't be buying it again.

Top Bottom