What's new

What's your workout today?

Nice crossfit style. Good stuff.

My motto is keep it simple. For several years at was at the OTC and jerks, cleans, deads, KB's, pull ups, etc. all staples of a good work out.

I recently joined a gym for the first time since high school.

I got up early and went before work this morning for a little cardio and some light bicep work. Still trying to ease into things and get my routine down. So far I kind of wander around and do whatever.

Yesterday was deadlift day of 5-3-1. Just started 3rd month of this, and is my week of 5s. Got 10 reps at 350. Also did 2 K-Star Mobility WODs.

Going to have to do bench and squats tonight as I am going away for the weekend tomorrow.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts build up to 280

155,185,215,245,265,280 As expected they're really starting to suck.

100 Burpees

6:25

Just under a minute slower then my PR but seeing as this is the first time since I buggered up my shoulders that I did any real high rep burpees my goal was to keep moving and get through them.

Lunchtime workout - 15min elliptical warm-up, 3 sets pull-ups/chin-ups, various dumbbell exercises in compound sets, finished with farmers walk.

On Monday I put down some $$ for a bicycle - they had to order my size from a warehouse, so I am waiting for it to arrive at my local shop. Looking forward to picking it up and riding to/from work (3 miles each way - it's a start). I haven't riden a bike in over 20 years!

Passed my semi-annual fitness test today! :w00t::w00t:

I did 55 push-ups in 60 seconds. 59 sit-ups in 60 seconds. My abdominal circumference was measured at 34" and I ran 1.5 miles in 12:00.

Half Marathon for me on Saturday. Everyone say a prayer for me. :blushing:

Best of luck, brother! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

I wish I had bought new shoes a month ago. My feet are killing me. :angry:

Because your shoes are old and worn out or because you just got new shoes? If it is the latter you have the wrong shoe. With modern/quality running shoes you'll know when you have the right one because you can step right into a brand new shoe and run at your best without pain.

Because your shoes are old and worn out or because you just got new shoes? If it is the latter you have the wrong shoe. With modern/quality running shoes you'll know when you have the right one because you can step right into a brand new shoe and run at your best without pain.

Old shoes, I didn't want to get new shoes and run a long race on brand new shoes.

Old shoes, I didn't want to get new shoes and run a long race on brand new shoes.

I see. Actually I know several distance runners who do just that though. I have a good friend who tries to run 5-6 Marathons per year and he always does that without issue. He also bought something like 25 pairs of shoes once he found one he really likes though. :lol:

best wishes on the 1/2 tomorrow. hope the weather is in your favor. your feet will take care of you. just put your favorite shoe on with your favorite socks and have an excellant run

Great thread, for some reason I'd never noticed it before! I look forward to getting some ideas and hopefully giving you guys some ideas.

Supersets x 4

Explosive Push-ups to failure
Overhead static hold 20kg plate 30 secs

Standing Cable Flys x 10
Seated Dumbell Alternate Shoulder Press x 10 each arm

Barbell Bench Press 5-6 max
Standing Dumbell Side Row

Dips to failure
Crunches x 15

Underhand Grip Tricep Push Down x 10
Hyperextensions x 10

I do this with as little rest as possible - took about 35 minutes today.

@SlagleRock - congrats on the PFT mate. I have to do a similar fitness test myself and it's funny how you know you can do it but still get nervous that for some reason you won't pass.

Still kinda deloading after a meet last week.

Speed bench
165x2x6

cg bp
225x3x2

assisted neutral pullups
90x10x3

cable rows
100x12x3
superset with
Kneeling Cable Scarecrows
3 sets of 12

upright rows
55x12
70x12
90x12

DB Shoulder Press
48x8x2

I covered 13.1 miles today, but the last 2 or 3 involved a lot of limping. Did something to my left calf muscle and I've been limping around all day now. Have an ace bandage on it now for compression. It was chilly out, but not unbearably so, especially after I got going. Had I realized how bad the pain would be now, and who knows how long it will last, I would have DNF'd it.

I covered 13.1 miles today, but the last 2 or 3 involved a lot of limping. Did something to my left calf muscle and I've been limping around all day now. Have an ace bandage on it now for compression. It was chilly out, but not unbearably so, especially after I got going. Had I realized how bad the pain would be now, and who knows how long it will last, I would have DNF'd it.

My calves were cramping like crazy too, I had to change my form and run really heel to toe the last 3 miles just to finish.

Ran 13.1 miles.

Congratulations on finishing! What's was your time?

So, you and Timmy obviously ran in the same race. Glad to hear you finished as well. What was your time?

Top Bottom