What's new

Traveling Scuttle

I sent Hellahella a PM, he said he is liking it. I guess he is going to keep it the month, then post a review. I hope so anyway.

I sent Hellahella a PM, he said he is liking it. I guess he is going to keep it the month, then post a review. I hope so anyway.
speaking of updates, hows it going with the brothers aunt in law and the custom scuttle ? i know just the brush you should use with it too lmao

She has taken on a pottery class at the local Community College. I have kind of fallen by the weigh side. In a couple of weeks the semester ends, I plan to try to get back on her list then! But honestly, I have very good results placing a mug in the sink of hot water and letting my brush rest in it.

She has taken on a pottery class at the local Community College. I have kind of fallen by the weigh side. In a couple of weeks the semester ends, I plan to try to get back on her list then! But honestly, I have very good results placing a mug in the sink of hot water and letting my brush rest in it.
You know im hit or miss with my scuttle now,... it gets more use as a brush scuttle between passes then anything, but then again the snow is all melted and i have no need to shovel the driveway lol so we will see when winter rolls itself back around

And that's all I really used mine for, as a brush scuttle. We have no snow here in the Deep South. At least not enough to speak of. I do like warm lather though.

And that's all I really used mine for, as a brush scuttle. We have no snow here in the Deep South. At least not enough to speak of. I do like warm lather though.
I went to louisiana once,..... they had an ice storm the whole time i was there. It was colder then it was back here at home! so dont throw that scuttle away just yet lol, you never know

1. Itaforte :scooter:
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. Hogwild USMC
5. TripleT
6. Red-Leg
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist
17. BigBull

It's not as long as I thought it would be! Great idea...I hope I have the patience to wait it out as I've been very curious to try one. Thank you to the previous owner and the PIF'r for the opportunity to do just that.

Just a thought: Should it really take 2-3 weeks to discern whether you like it or not? I'd think a week of use would give you a clear idea...either you like it and would justify the cost or you don't. My $.02. Either way, awesome idea!

I actually concur. Two weeks should be enough but the way it is gives a lot of latitude to the recipient. If they hate it right off, send it in. If the love it immediately, send it on. But if they are unsure it can grow on them this way. Up to the user really.

plus it may take a bit of time to figure out how it fit into their shave, many people use their scuttles differently and if the person who gets it is a face latherer it may take a bit of time to figure out soap/water ratios without having feeling on the face, so it does add a little time to nail it down then use it regularly to figure out if it fits them or not

I actually concur. Two weeks should be enough but the way it is gives a lot of latitude to the recipient. If they hate it right off, send it in. If the love it immediately, send it on. But if they are unsure it can grow on them this way. Up to the user really.

plus it may take a bit of time to figure out how it fit into their shave, many people use their scuttles differently and if the person who gets it is a face latherer it may take a bit of time to figure out soap/water ratios without having feeling on the face, so it does add a little time to nail it down then use it regularly to figure out if it fits them or not

Both very good points...again it's a great idea!

I sent the scuttle out to NickyBobby today. I used the scuttle for a month and had mixed reviews. I only shave 2-3 times per week so I only got a handful of uses out of it. I usually cold water shave and face lather but it did feel good to have warm lather for a change. I would probably enjoy it more in the colder months. The only counter space I have in my small apartment bathroom is the top of the toilet and the scuttle took up slot of that space. Maybe when I get a larger bathroom and end up going back to bowl lathering I will pick up a scuttle for myself. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

I sent the scuttle out to NickyBobby today. I used the scuttle for a month and had mixed reviews. I only shave 2-3 times per week so I only got a handful of uses out of it. I usually cold water shave and face lather but it did feel good to have warm lather for a change. I would probably enjoy it more in the colder months. The only counter space I have in my small apartment bathroom is the top of the toilet and the scuttle took up slot of that space. Maybe when I get a larger bathroom and end up going back to bowl lathering I will pick up a scuttle for myself. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

Just curious, but why did you send it to Nickybobby?

I need to step out of this. I bit the bullet and purchased a Georgetown second.

1. Itaforte
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. Hogwild USMC
5. TripleT
6. Red-Leg
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist
17. BigBull

Last edited:

I agree as well. I think two weeks would be plenty honestly. Though, I'm at the bottom, and shave every other day so that may...or may not...have something to do with it! :)

Just curious, but why did you send it to Nickybobby?

1. Itaforte
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. Hogwild USMC
5. TripleT
6. Red-Leg
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist
17. BigBull

I'm curious about this as well.

Man...my turn is sooo far away...I don't know if I'll be able to hold out!

1. Itaforte :scooter:
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. Hogwild USMC
5. TripleT
6. Red-Leg
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist

17. deruitem
18. BigBull

I just noticed this: Somehow I copied "The Anachronist" list and cut out "Deruitem" SOOOO...although I'd love to get it sooner, I need to do the right thing! Bump me down one spot and this is the most current list.

No worries fellas. Cosmicdoom lives in my town. When the scuttle arrives, I'll drop it off at his place. Crisis averted.

He just knows I'll hook him up with more soap samples :w00t:

Or maybe he wants to poke through my razors...

Seriously though, I have soap coming out of my ears and haven't even tried the MWF sample he gave me.

Top Bottom