What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa Maria Novella // Simpson DUKE 3 Super Bagder // IBERIA 13 Doble Temple // Floïd Blue

proxy.php

Wow, fantastic picture :thumbsup:

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK32
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Institut Karite
After shave: TOBS Mr.Taylors
Results: First try with the Institut Karite, could have been better, could have been worse. I think the problem was that I didn't get to load the brush enough cause I had to chase the puck around the bowl. Still it wasn't too bad, just a little thin and I got a nice and quite comfortable shave.

proxy.php

Slippery things, soaps, Rune!!!:lol: My eyes bulge everytime I see that Helje of yours. It's such a fine example that could easily pass as being made yesterday, looking at the condition of it!:drool:

Merkur 180 | Simpson "The Duke" #3 | C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) Cream | Alum | Witch Hazel | AOS Ocean Kelp After Shave Balm

Tabac just waiting around to be used when I travel
$21916eea7b8b11e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Gillette Super Blue Tip
with Gillette Blue (1)
Hans Baier 21mm Silvertip Brush
Williams Vintage Crema de Afeitar
Williams Aqua Velva Vintage AS

Have a nice day! :smile:

proxy.php
Dienstag

You see, you could have given me some more pics for the rest of the week after all, Erwin!:wink2: But I can see why you didn't:sneaky2: A totally exquisite pic, my friend...sooooperb!!!!:clap:

Good afternoon friends!
PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: New Forest Tubby2
SOAP/CREAM: Manantiales de La Toja Soap
RAZOR: 6/8" Mastro Livi, Half hollow ground, Round Point (W/ Boxwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Floïd (Spanish)
RESULT: BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

You have excelled yourself with this pic, Bela!:001_tt1: You must have had a lot of explaining to do taking this one?

Monday
Ikea Bowl
Semogue Owners Club 2-band, ash wood
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra

Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Floïd Suave After Shave

proxy.php

Tuesday
Ikea Bowl
Vie-Long 14831M
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra

Nanny's Rose Geranium
Proraso Protective After Shave Cream

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

And are you roaming on your hols too, Soren? Thanks for taking the time to continue posting here in your valuable time away, my friend. And two wonderful pics they are too!:thumbup:

Good Morning to All!
~ 04/03/2012 ~

Semogue SOC 2Band | EJ BChrome w/ Red IP (UK) | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | Mitchell's Wool Fat | Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

Yesterday I received my SOC 2Band which replaced my Semogue 11' LE FBadger I sold on BST. Also may I say there is quite a difference between the two. I prefer the SOC 2Band b/c of the flow-thru and higher loft. Also the scritchness is there but a lot more toned down! It almost resembles my Shavemac D-01 3Band but with a more ample amount of scrubbiness than scritch. 2Band colors are quite pretty. I would liked more white tips but its alright. Anyways, today was shave was really nice with MWF's and I love the stuff. For the price of it, it really cannot be beat even though I have slowly become an ARKO fan. Well Gentleman, you all have a great day. Happy Shaving!

P.S. - After I sold my Semogue 2011 LE FBadger I replaced it with this SOC 2Band as I mentioned before. Also added another little monster to my collection which I can't wait to try out tomorrow. Can you make a guess what it is ? Not many around here on this forum use it, but someone who taught us how to lather soft Italian soaps did?

proxy.php

The sun's still shining I see, Balaji! Nice work with the pic!:thumbup1: Unfortunately, my scuttle is not to be. It arrived in the UK 3 weeks ago, and those very nice people in Customs(Grrr!) thought it nice to charge me extra. Then to add further insult, Royal Mail thought they'd cash in on the act too! It meant a further charge totally out of proportion to the original cost. I could easily have paid it but thought better of it. They can return to sender for all I care. I'm not giving either of them the pleasure. I am a face latherer anyway, just thought a scuttle would be nice to try and experience. I'm not that desperate though!!!

The sun's still shining I see, Balaji! Nice work with the pic!:thumbup1: Unfortunately, my scuttle is not to be. It arrived in the UK 3 weeks ago, and those very nice people in Customs(Grrr!) thought it nice to charge me extra. Then to add further insult, Royal Mail thought they'd cash in on the act too! It meant a further charge totally out of proportion to the original cost. I could easily have paid it but thought better of it. They can return to sender for all I care. I'm not giving either of them the pleasure. I am a face latherer anyway, just thought a scuttle would be nice to try and experience. I'm not that desperate though!!!

David, I'm sorry to hear that my friend! But you know what its really an item which is not necessary for what we like doing and that is shaving. Honestly i sometimes lather in other bowls that I preheat in the sink with hot water during my shower and it serves the same purpose. So its better you saved the money b/c those added funds can go towards other shaving soaps, creams or even your favorite DRH Arlington set. Also its a shame when you already paid for shipping included when buying an item and the royal mail asks for more money. Thank you for the compliments on the photo. But since you can't try the DB Scuttle, your honestly not really missing out anything b/c you can replicate it with some other items, plus face lathering is actually better!

And are you roaming on your hols too, Soren? Thanks for taking the time to continue posting here in your valuable time away, my friend. And two wonderful pics they are too!:thumbup:

I have been somewhat desperate, as the (previous) phone company at which I had my mobile internet comnnection in their great wisdom had chosen to cancel my phone number without notifying me :angry:

So I have spent a couple of days trying to get another connection with another company and finally succeeded yesterday, so my nerves are more calm now, after I once again can get my web-fix :wink: :stuart:

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to take an outside photo yet, but hope I can manage one or two during this week.
I have only had time to a quick glanse, but I have seen some really beautiful ones already this week :thumbsup:

Sometimes you go to the outdoors, sometimes you bring the outdoors in...

proxy.php

Just amazing, Bill !! :001_tt1: It really reminds me of an old photo, thanks for sharing!

This pic has impressed Germany, Luis :w00t:

Very nice idea, Balaji! :thumbup1:

Today is a snowy, cold reminder that winter is not quite over. My outdoor shot was a little speedy since I didn't want the camera wet!! HA!

View attachment 233378

Nevertheless, it has become a beautiful, expressive still life - Thanks for your trouble :smile:

Sorry to hear about the snow, guys! 84 here this afternoon!
View attachment 233430

Lovely pic!

David - where are you? In Florida? :smile:

That looks as if this would be a black&white Easter for you, Søren - still too cold for outdoor shootings in Denmark? :smile:

I am for a long time a big fan of your nice, very well composed and always varied pictures, Miguel :thumbup1:

A totally exquisite pic, my friend...sooooperb!!!!
clap.gif

Thanks to David on behalf of all who like my pictures and have posted here. It is my honor and pleasure!

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 27 mm SIMPSON Polo PL10 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Shaving Cream
RAZOR: 6/8" HartSteel BG, Satin, Quarter Ground, Square Point, O-1 steel (w/ blue silicon scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck EDC
RESULT: Excellent, BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

This one is a true winner, Bela! Love the background! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom