What's new

first shave with a Tosuke....WOW

Talk about being in the right place at the right time....thanks to a B&B member (you the MAN, Telly!) My little taste of the Orient arrived in the mail today. I knew I was going to be stuck at the airport all night, so I spent several hours with the hones and that bit of blue handled loveliness.

Didn't touch it with a strop at all; I knew it was sharp, but I had no idea..

this thing doesn't cut anything..it SCARES the whiskers off your face! It took me probably twice as long to shave (probably because it scares the beJesus outta me, too) with the smaller blade, but man oh man, do I ever like the shave. It's going to take some getting used to...it's a much different technique. It's definetly going to become part of the rotation though.

I'm happy to hear you like it. It's definitely not for everyone. It might not even be for most people, to be honest.

I hope you didn't hone the razor at the airport! :ohmy:

I envy you... I wish I could get my hands on one of those babies! They're damn expensive though

It's too bad because they really shouldn't be that expensive. They weren't expensive initially. It's a simple macroeconomics supply and demand model. As soon as the sword smiths died or retired, the prices went up. As more and more people buy, the limited stock dwindles and the prices go up even more. My sources have become so unreasonable that I've severed my ties to them. That's why I don't even offer them anymore.

Top Bottom