What's new

White House announces - no evidence Rosie O'Donnell is Lou Costello

There was a line I always remember form the Excellent British tv program Yes Minister, about a government minister and his senior civil service people. The minister was told by the head "Never believe anything until it is officially denied"...

Gareth

Imagine, a government coverup involving the single most important event in human history, with thousands of people (at minimum) keeping the secret for for half a century....yet when faced with a petition, they think it's going to crumble?

SCENE: Secret underground bunker of the Men in Black

Director: "Bad news, everyone, the game's up. We have been ordered to reveal all the mind-bending secrets we've kept hidden all these decades. We have to let the press in and tell all. Brief the aliens for their first press conference."
Agent #1: "My God, sir, why? After all we've done to hide them! The massive underground bases, the secret negotiations about the hybrid breeding programs, the back-engineered technology. What could force exposure this way?"
Director: "They have a....petition demanding the information."
Agent #2: Well, guess that's it then, isn't it? I'll start cleaning out my desk."

BTW, if you are interested in the history of belief in the "aliens are here" hypothesis, read "Mirage Men" by Mark Pilkington.

I have no doubt in my mind that if "post-warp" civilisations wanted to see what's going on around here, they'd be able to keep it from us. And no doubt that we aren't ready to find out about it if they have. My God, look at what happened when healthcare reform was suggested in The US!

I have no doubt in my mind that if "post-warp" civilisations wanted to see what's going on around here, they'd be able to keep it from us. And no doubt that we aren't ready to find out about it if they have. My God, look at what happened when healthcare reform was suggested in The US!
That was exactly the point I was trying to make yesterday. In political and religious terms, we as a species (en masse) are not mature or open-minded enough to handle such knowledge. There's very little doubt in my mind that (1) there is ET life and (2) there have been coverups and (3) ET technology has been salvaged. Just last year there was a press conference of former Air Force and Naval people who testified to things they witnessed from the 40's to the 70's and talk about the gag orders and threats and scare tactics they were hit with. Of course it got very little media coverage. Further marginalizing those who speak out and those who are open minded and are interested in entertaining evidence.

There would be worldwide panic and crises if the knowledge was public, so it's best to cultivate a climate of "silly tinfoil hat wearers!" Actually, the tagline of the X-Files was, I believe, not too far from the truth. But rather than "the truth is out there," I would say the truth is somewhere in the middle. The extreme end of the ET believers' subculture is actually a very good deterrent in itself against reasoned inquiry.

The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

Although evidence of an alien/human alliance is safely hidden from prying eyes, current protocols to discredit and/or silence those who ask too many questions have been sufficient.

Did anyone expect them to say anything else?

My view on this is and has always been twofold: (1) that if we're the only ones in the vastness of the universe, it's an awful waste of space. It's arrogant to assume so too. And (2) this world isn't ready for first contact. Particularly many religious people who would have a crisis of faith at the sight of an alien (unless the alien looked like a human and thus "in god's image"). We as a people are just not ready to accept the awareness en masse that there just might be a much wider world out there. And can you imagine the uproar over the unreported tax dollars spent in extraterrestrial technology development at secret facilities?

We are a petty, small minded people as a whole, who don't even want to unite as a planet yet. If I were an alien, "Sol 3" would be filed in the "recon until later" pile.

Agree 100,000,000.00 percent, especially part one. The number of Sol type stars in the Milky Way alone is a staggering number, then factor in the other known galaxies. Plenty of planets that could support life. I am also excluding intelligent life forms that may have developed under other conditions. Regardless of the White House's position, I find it hard to believe that homo sapiens is the only 'intelligent' life form (not a very high standard for intelligence, IMO).

Legion

Staff member
I agree with the last line of Monty Pythons Galaxy Song,

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!" :001_tongu

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Bigfoot was created by aliens to help build the pyramids, I thought everyone knew that.

More importantly, what about the lack of evidence disproving that aliens were present at the first Thanksgiving?

Top Bottom