What's new

Funky Badger Smell

:confused:What is the best way to get the funky badger smell out of the B&B Essential Brush without damaging the badger hair?

I clean mine a couple of times with a gentle shampoo designed for babies hair!
After a few uses with Proraso I find the smell is gone.

Another somewhat effective trick for a new brush (at least for me), is to give it a nice bath and soak in a warm water solution of 7 parts water, two parts distilled white vinegar, and one part Woolite (or some other sort of "free of dyes and perfumes" gentle detergent). It doesn't kill the smell completely, but at least the first time you use it it won't knock you out with badger funk.

Another somewhat effective trick for a new brush (at least for me), is to give it a nice bath and soak in a warm water solution of 7 parts water, two parts distilled white vinegar, and one part Woolite (or some other sort of "free of dyes and perfumes" gentle detergent). It doesn't kill the smell completely, but at least the first time you use it it won't knock you out with badger funk.

I loves da badger funk!

:confused:What is the best way to get the funky badger smell out of the B&B Essential Brush without damaging the badger hair?

I use some tea tree oil shampoo followed by tea tree oil conditioner. Do this a couple of times, and of course use the brush, Your shaving lather combined with the shampoo and conditioner will take care of that smell in short order.:cool:

The simplest way to make the odor go away is just use. As stated above, about three shaves with Proraso and the smell is gone.

DL

Personally I LOVE the wet dog smell (but my cat not so much). Some brushes seem to hold onto this odour a lot longer than others. I bought the brush I am using now and ordered my son's at the same time, his has long since lost it's l'essence de canine while mine still gets attacked regularly by the cat.

:em2300:

..michael

Top Bottom