What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

attachment.php

These are not ugly handles. You are just not high enough to appreciate them :w00t:

I didn't look at it that way...... Thats too funny. If I were high enough to like those, I probably wouln't need to be shaving. Or around any sharp objects for that matter.:biggrin1:

This is yet another case of YMMV or "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

or is that "Beauty is in the HIGH of the beholder?" :001_tt2::001_tt2:

He probably only had one block of colport blue, and could only make a few brushes out of it. Remember, he does this stuff from home. He doesn't have a factory full of resin blanks.
I agree with you guys. I think those are terrible colors, at least for me. I was pretty let down when I got this picture. The only one I would even consider would be the one on the far right. It is funny about the colport blue. I actually wanted to buy a Lee7 and a stubby matching set. But he said he had no colport blue at all. Then I see 2 other colport blue lee7's come up that were about the same knot size I requested. I asked the owners when they placed their order and it was roughly about the same time I ordered mine. I then switched my handle material to imitation wood. It turned out looking really nice. Someone here referred to lee as as the soup nazi of the shaving brush world. I have found my dealings with him to reflect this pretty well. I can see him saying NO COLPORT BLUE FOR YOU!! hahaha... Lee seems like a nice guy, I'm sure he is swamped with orders. I can say his craftsmanship is great. I just told lee in my last e-mail if he ever gets any more colport blue to let me know and I will place my order for the Lee7 and the stubby. Hopefully it will work out

Andy

I LOVE color. To me, porcelain, wood, horn, and ivory get boring. Don't me wrong, as I have one of each, but I wouldnt want a full shelf of just a few. Give me butterscotch! Give me jade, coral, and blue!!! Give me retro swirls and polkadots!!!!

i like the 3rd from the left, and it's actually something i'd like to own. i really like the T&H woodstock badger, and would love a M&H in that material (maybe not that shape/size) with the blond badger knot.

one at a time, i guess i should wait for my current L7 to show up, before i buy a 2nd one.

Gents,
I had requested lee to make me a stubby using the colport blue handle material. He says he has been out of colport blue since last year but, somehow they keep showing up here. He did send me some pics of handle handle material he has on hand. None of these choices are my style but, I just thought I would post these for you guys to see. Maybe some of these colors will be for you.

Andy

View attachment 228881

Is this for real?

Is this for real?

i sure hope so :001_tt1: i think we need to mix it up a bit. everything on the mkt is either ivory or ebony or wood.

the T&H woodstock badger caught my eye, and i immediately started looking for a brush maker to make a 60's pyschelic handle, looks like i may have found one (or more).

they may not be for everyone, but they are right up my alley. :punk:

The barrel on the left has a 23mm knot. It was smaller than I expected so the L7 type in the middle has a 26mm knot. The LE grovsenor on the right is a 21mm. Go figure.

Top Bottom