What's new

Announcing the 2006 B&B Forum Brush

Dinder1 said:
Wow! three bands? are the mad scientists at E&J mutating badgers just for us:biggrin: Start up those charge cards, and and hit that PM button.
Cheers, DJ

DJ,
The one brush I have seen with the EJ German Finest hair was quite interesting.... see most badger hair is bleached... I don't care what the self proclaimed "experts" say, or what b/s some of the manufactures propogate, but nearly all of the badger hair, from nearly all of the high end manufactures is bleached to some extent - at the very least, to create uniformity in the tips. Look at one of your "high end" brushed closely, and you will see more uniformity in the tips, than the shafts.... this is bleaching at work in order to make the overall presentation of the brush look "stunning" and white/silver at the tips. Bleaching however makes the bristles "stiffer" and "scratchier" and reduces the lifespan and the ridgidity of the hair. (Why do you think most of the two-band brushes are considered to be stiffer/scratchier?)

MP/EJ Finest (aka silvertip "extra") does not bleach the hair, or alter its appearance, so while it will have a less "dramatic" appearance, it is not a "fabrication" as is experienced with simpson, omega, rooney, etc and it is significantly softer at the tip! Since this brush will be packed quite dense, it will have a backbone, a "scrubbing" action if you will - however due to the incredibly soft tips, it will be a VERY luxurious scrubbing action, no scratchy/scritchyness at all! Think of it along the lines of Simpson scrubbyness (due to density) meets Savile Row Luxury (due to softness) and you have one hell of an exceptional, one of a kind experience.

proxy.php

The above brush is the only brush that currently offer the hair of this exceptionally rare grade, and it is priced at about $400 USD, and our denser, more tightly packed, custom/spiffy forum brush will be a meager $105 shipped. So far as I am concerned - there is nothing that can compete with it.... as there is, and will be nothing else like it available - so it truly has no competition. Most "custom" brushes are typically run of the mill brushes... with a different handle - where as this will be a totally different beast.

For $105... it is a freikin' steal - and the ONLY reason we are getting it at this price is as a marketing promotion to kick off this new "grade" of badger hair as we were able to work out this deal for you fellas. Just the standard silvertip version of this brush would cost well over $200... as the non-custom large silvertips go for over $200 - so we are talking about an absurdly expensive, custom shaving brush, with an extremly exclusive badger hair - not yet seen/experienced/sold to the public... for $105 shipped? I challenge you to find a better/hotter deal/opportunity on a new shaving brush ANYWHERE. If you can find it - i'll buy one...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the design... What truly excites me (other than the obvious), is the apparently high grade of badger used here... If it's as special as the hype makes it out to be, then I think I just got a perfect excuse to get me an Edwin!

Reading Joel's comparison to what I love about Simpsons brushes (density, backbone, soft tips), I think I'm committed to getting this thing...

Much thanks to all who spent months working on putting this thing together and making it come to fruition.

The B&B brush needs very little in the way of promotion as its features speak for themselves.

But Joel, that was one hell of a pitch. If you got a bridge or an old car lying around I'll take two please! :biggrin:

This brush will turn the wetshaving/DE world on its ear, for sure.

joel said:
DJ,
MP/EJ Finest (aka silvertip "extra") does not bleach the hair, or alter its appearance, so while it will have a less "dramatic" appearance, it is not a "fabrication" as is experienced with simpson, omega, rooney, etc and it is significantly softer at the tip! Since this brush will be packed quite dense, it will have a backbone, a "scrubbing" action if you will - however due to the incredibly soft tips, it will be a VERY luxurious scrubbing action, no scratchy/scritchyness at all! Think of it along the lines of Simpson scrubbyness (due to density) meets Savile Row Luxury (due to softness) and you have one hell of an exceptional, one of a kind experience.

For $105... it is a freikin' steal - and the ONLY reason we are getting it at this price is as a marketing promotion to kick off this new "grade" of badger hair as we were able to work out this deal for you fellas. Just the standard silvertip version of this brush would cost well over $200... as the non-custom large silvertips go for over $200 - so we are talking about an absurdly expensive, custom shaving brush, with an extremly exclusive badger hair - not yet seen/experienced/sold to the public... for $105 shipped? I challenge you to find a better/hotter deal/opportunity on a new shaving brush ANYWHERE. If you can find it - i'll buy one...

Joel,
Are you saying that this custom made brush for forum members for 100 US dollars is actually made by M_P and rebadged as EJ (and then supplied to the forum members) ? I know that these two companies have very close working relationship and that M_P makes very good and dense brushes. I am impressed with their quality.

I couldn't wait before... now that I've seen that description... I'm even tempted to buy the $400 one! Okay... maybe not yet...

I'm speechless as to how awesome it is that you guys have put this together for everyone here.

I'm really happy with my Shavemac, but you've definitely piqued my interest. I know the margins are practically non-existent, but I would be even more interested if B&B were making something on these sales. Is this the case?

Raj said:
Joel,
Are you saying that this custom made brush for forum members for 100 US dollars is actually made by M_P and rebadged as EJ (and then supplied to the forum members) ? I know that these two companies have very close working relationship and that M_P makes very good and dense brushes. I am impressed with their quality.

MP and EJ do have a very close working relationship. This rare hair is actually supplied to Edwin Jagger by MP, however the hair will be bundled, tied, knotted, and the entire brush manufactured in Sheffield England by Edwin Jagger. This knot *should* be considerably denser than that of current MP's offered.

kennethw said:
I'm really happy with my Shavemac, but you've definitely piqued my interest. I know the margins are practically non-existent, but I would be even more interested if B&B were making something on these sales. Is this the case?

I guess what I mean is, I hope B&B is seeing some of this. If not, is there a way to donate to B&B?

am I to understand the knot on this brush will be denser than the savile row silver tips ? does anyone know the hair weight of the b&b brush vs say, something comprable in knot size from savile row

Mink Scorpio said:
am I to understand the knot on this brush will be denser than the savile row silver tips ? does anyone know the hair weight of the b&b brush vs say, something comprable in knot size from savile row

It should be as dense, if not denser than a Savile Row. I do not know the hair weight on either brush - so I can't help much - but hair weight will not tell density, as the length of the hair will wildly impact the "weight" and the perceived density. Also - different manufactures weigh hair differently, some pre-knotted/plugged, some post - so hair weighting is for the most part irrelevant.

Top Bottom