What's new

ATOMIC SCUTTLE - Some like it HOT

It occurred to me that if you want hot lather and the ability to control the heat, why not use a crock pot? It works fantastic and you can get them as small as 1 quart. The one pictured is 1.5 quarts and was only $8.00 at Target.

I can see shaving in the tub or shower with this thing giving you an extra 'kick' in the morning :lol:

That is a high tech scuttle idea though, good post!

I'm tempted. You say those tiny crockpots can be had at the expensive French place (Tar-zhay . . .) for eight bucks?

The cook in me says that is so wrong. Fondue yeah, rotel dip yeah, SC no.... but the price IS right.

Is the "Crock" removable for cleaning? That would be a huge plus some of these do not. I did come across this little wonder and am debating buying one to see if would work for keeping my lather warm. One of the reviews on Amazon said a guy actually cooks macaroni in this so it should get warm enough. Really a variation on the mini crock pot but it is removable from the base....

That is actually a very good idea.

For some reason though, electric appliances in the bathroom always make me nervous. Perhaps I was shocked as a child.

Neat idea. I didn't know crock pots came in sizes that small. My concern would be that it would get too hot, even on the low setting and end up burning me.

If you want to get it down to an even lower heat and have no respect for "electrical safety" you can do like my grandfather did for a soldering iron; wire up a dimmer switch to an extention cord so that you can control the electricity and thus heat available before it even gets to the pot.

Make sure you check the wattage of the dimmer. The five-dollar kind generally won't cut it for a 450-1000W hot pot.

and they say U.S. consumer confidence is shaken ha! they should check out the absurd shave related purchases people on these forums make.

i mean seriously is this needed?

Top Bottom