What's new

Who is it about

I was wondering since I am new to cologne, I have samples from Trumper and T&H and thats it. Who is the cologne about. Is it about what you like or what the ladies like?

Me, primarily. If I don't like it there's no point in wearing it. The women that like it will notice and I don't mess about the women that don't like it.

Second question what other companies do cologne samples besides Trumpers and T&H?

Well, depends on your priorities.... So far I'm yet to find something that I like that the ladies don't and of course if you feel a bit frisky it doesn't hurt to put the right juice on... :lol:

Second question what other companies do cologne samples besides Trumpers and T&H?

Floris and Penhaligon's. Have you been to Basenotes? There are also quite a few other companies that will do samples upon request, just do a quick search there and it should yield you quite a few results for others.

Pretty much a personal decision there, and one thats likely to vary, depending on the situation ahead of you. I agree with Silky though, you've got to like it first in order to even wear it with any degree of confidence.

I would think a true gentleman would wear what the ladies like and rarely do something for purely selfish reasons... But hey we're talking about cologne here. You're the one that has to smell it all day long!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I would hope it would be an expression of my personality ... so something that I would like, of course, but something which would also ... hopefully ... be palatable for the general populace and attractive for beautiful young ladies.

I go with what I like. Because I don't wear too much I'm fairly sure that most of the women I met were around for reasons other than the cologne I wore. Then, if things took the next step between us I would mix in some of what she liked.

when I wear cologne, I wear it for me. If my wife doesn't like it, however, I may not wear it. Soooo....I look for colognes that please us both (but to rephrase things, if she liked one and I didn't, I still wouldn't wear it).

I would hope it would be an expression of my personality ... so something that I would like, of course, but something which would also ... hopefully ... be palatable for the general populace and attractive for beautiful young ladies.

... then again, some days you just want to p*ss off the boss' secretary.

i don't really wear cologne that much. Having a circle of friends thats 95% female, I've learned that most are indifferent to cologne. If it smells nice, they like it, but they couldn't give a hoot if you actually wore any at all. Some actually prefer a guy without!

They will however notice, if you smell of BO and sweat...

Well, depends on your priorities.... So far I'm yet to find something that I like that the ladies don't and of course if you feel a bit frisky it doesn't hurt to put the right juice on... :lol:

Well, you have to like it first.:biggrin:

Pretty much a personal decision there, and one thats likely to vary, depending on the situation ahead of you. I agree with Silky though, you've got to like it first in order to even wear it with any degree of confidence.

+1. these are the ones I agree with the most.

... then again, some days you just want to p*ss off the boss' secretary.

+1 :lol:

First, you have to like it. If someone wears something he does not like... well then he is little bit shallow.

Colognes are like clothes. Occasionally, I wear colognes because i want to make a good impression (Like a nice suit with Chanel Platinum Egoiste or just original egoiste). There are some others that I wear because I find them relaxing. There are others that are good for everyday usage. Finally there are others that belong to the groups I-do-not-care-what-you-think-of-my-cologne: Montale, Havana, Grey Flannel, Opium Orient, ETC.

Top Bottom