What's new

OK Here we Go...The NHL's 1st-round playoff matchups for the 2012 Stanley Cup!!!

The Capitals advance and the Nationals are one of the best teams in baseball and the Redskins are about to draft a franchise quarterback? What in God's name is going on here!?!

Good series from the Caps. The B's should have taken the series, but as usual, anybody can beat anybody in the playoffs. Also congrats to the Rangers and Devils. It'd be really cool to see a Rangers/Devils series in the East finals

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Both of last year's Stanley Cup finalists are out in the first round.

Maybe the season is too long? Once you get finished playing hockey in June :)wacko:) you have so little time to heal up and get rested & ready for the next season that you'll end up running out of gas before next June.

Well, the Wings got bounced, so I am not as interested as I was. However, the playoffs have been INSANELY entertaining this year, all OT, all the time. I no longer have a horse in the race, so I root for entertaining hockey instead of a team.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Both of last year's Stanley Cup finalists are out in the first round.

Maybe the season is too long? Once you get finished playing hockey in June :)wacko:) you have so little time to heal up and get rested & ready for the next season that you'll end up running out of gas before next June.

True that, but the commercial aspects rule, and pay the big salaries. So we end up with World Series games in the snow, Stanleys in June, not sure when tattoo ball ends this year, dolts braying that we need college football playoffs, more teams in the chase, etc & etc ad nauseum.

But the Stanley is the best, now that me Wings are done, go .. hmm, not my old Broons, nor the Canucks, wow, what a year for the Cup ..

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've decided to throw my support behind the Devils. I'd like to see Brodeur win one more cup, and then hang 'em up ... go out on a high note, as it were.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'd like St Loo & N'Ville to get off their duffs & win in the west, having Phoenix & Lost A even in the NHL is an affront, sorry #99. The forementioned get the nod solely on the basis of time zones .. In the east the Rangers are going to beat the Caps in 7, I like the Broad Street Bullies in 6 .. though seeing Brodeur go out a winner would be sweet.

The Flyers looked like a completely different team tonight; no offense and the goaltending was actually very good. Regardless of the score, I'm happy with how Bryz played. He simply had no help from the rest of his team.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The Habs land a new GM ... one day after we are reminded that the last GM ... in amongst all his failings ... probably made the right decision to trade away Andre Kostitsyn ...

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I've decided to throw my support behind the Devils. I'd like to see Brodeur win one more cup, and then hang 'em up ... go out on a high note, as it were.
Doc:
proxy.php
...I always have a soft spot for Marty. When I was a young goalie, he was my idol (still is), and I tend to emulate his 'hybrid' style of play. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect…for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Brodeur vs. Quick ... a changing of the guard in goalies? Will we see it?

Top Bottom