What's new

E2 FatBoy in rough shape.

Sadly another "gentlemanly" member unloaded one on me a few weeks ago and I fell for it without asking for pics. The clicks work fine, but the doors don't close correctly and it really can't even be used. The appearance is sub par at best. I only post this with the hope that someone knows how to repair one and I can make a bit of my money back (would like to sell) because I would really own one that can be used. I can take more pics showing the doors closed with a blade inserted to illustrate the issue that would make it hard to use. Thanks for looking and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• $IMAG0415.jpg
    $IMAG0415.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Did you send a PM to the seller? It could be a matter of they did not know there was an issue. That is a good place to start.

Some pictures will help us help you . . . also, 99.9% of alignment issues are external and are not fixed by disassembly.

+1 on trying to resolve the issue with the seller - always the best place to start. Hope we can be of help!

I know that they get mixed reviews on this forum, but you could check out Razor Emporium's "Razor Repair" and "Razor Revamp" services.

http://razoremporium.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=46

The repair service is only $20 and would get your razor back in shaving shape again. I have a Gillette Slim out to them for revamping right now and will post a review on the results once it arrives.

Mixed reviews?

Ok :001_unsur if you say so...

I agree with the other posts though. What happened and did you contact the member that you bought it from? Also asking for help repairing it without specific pictures of the issue is kind of hard for us to help.

I hope it all works out for you.

I went back and re-read the OP's post . . . he wants to sell it and get part of his investment back.

I hate to see someone throw out the baby with the bathwater . . . KyMash, if you want to send it to me along with five dollars to cover return postage, I'll be glad to take a look and see what I can do for you. Let me know and I'll PM my address to you.

I would contact the seller, no member here should take advantage of another member, period. I've been blessed in that any of my purchases from BST here have been better than described by the seller and with many extra's thrown in. I recently purchased my R41 (2011 head) from a member here...saved over $25.00 off of amazon prices and was sent a bunch of Gillette yellows in the deal, and the member used the razor once...

If the member is smart...he would do the right thing.....if he doesn't...call him out on it so we all know who to avoid. I would gladly refund your purchase if you were not happy, but that is me.

I would contact the seller, no member here should take advantage of another member, period. I've been blessed in that any of my purchases from BST here have been better than described by the seller and with many extra's thrown in. I recently purchased my R41 (2011 head) from a member here...saved over $25.00 off of amazon prices and was sent a bunch of Gillette yellows in the deal, and the member used the razor once...

If the member is smart...he would do the right thing.....if he doesn't...call him out on it so we all know who to avoid. I would gladly refund your purchase if you were not happy, but that is me.

I agree with my brother. I would contact the "gentleman" that sold you the razor, and if he does not make it right, I would call him out. The BST section should be a safer place than buying a razor than the 'bay, but if other members are taking advantage of buyers, they need to be called out so the rest of us do not have to an unfortunate experience.

I'd try to contact the seller. If no response, I'd throw him right under the bus.

By the way, pictures of what, exactly, is wrong wouldn't hurt.

It looks as though it was disassembled, and the adjustment dial wasn't turned down enough to seat the head properly. Look at the gap at the black band around the base of the dial; the blade adjustment arms look to be seated below the baseplate (not a shade over flush) on "1".

i would just throw him under the bus. i wouldent even wait. he knew he was screwing you. so do it.
i really hate to think of someone on this forum abusing someone else. ive never met a bunch of better guys on here.
i allways feel safe. so who ever sold this needs to be warned and talked to.

It looks as though it was disassembled, and the adjustment dial wasn't turned down enough to seat the head properly. Look at the gap at the black band around the base of the dial; the blade adjustment arms look to be seated below the baseplate (not a shade over flush) on "1".

Looks like it could be "overclocked" - but disassembly is not required to do that. Push in on index spring, turn dial.

Looks like it could be "overclocked" - but disassembly is not required to do that. Push in on index spring, turn dial.
Ah, you're right! So, theoretically, KY could try depressing the spring, and running the adjustment plate up a bit, no? ...depending on what is causing the door closure problem.

If a member did that to another member, he should automatically be banned. I know that when I sell razors, I AUTOMATICALLY post that you can return anything if not happy.

Ah, you're right! So, theoretically, KY could try depressing the spring, and running the adjustment plate up a bit, no? ...depending on what is causing the door closure problem.

If the plate (adjustment tang) is preventing door closure, then the dial needs to be turned DOWN to allow the doors to close. First, however, check to be sure that the adjustment tang can move freely up and down. If the head is bent (and the tang is "hung up" in a higher than normal position) that has to be addressed first before changing the dial "clocking."

.....i would hate to think that another member took advantage of another member.

....... every dealing i've had with buying razors, etc. on this forum has been excellent ......

..........i've never met a more honest and helpful group of folks...........

If this is not handled properly I will donate my newly acquired '59 E1 to the OP. :001_unsur I got a bit uneasy typing that, but I can't take it back now.

Top Bottom