What's new

Guess that movie quote

Okay, if no-one minds, here's one.

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f*cked with? That's me."

Blazing Saddles?

Actually, that WAS a softball, so I'll throw one:

"Oh, Nicky, I love you because you know such lovely people."

Last edited:
You are right of course Larry. I have to admit I am unsure of yours. I have a (fairly) educated guess, but I'll wait to see if anyone knows it.

Hint: A thinly-veiled clue in the quote.

Another hint: The movie was made quite a bit earlier than "Blazing Saddles"

And another quote:
Nicky: "Would you mind putting that gun away? My wife doesn't mind but I'm a very timid fellow."

That help?

Last edited:
"Now I want the living room to be a soft green. Not quite as bluish as a robin's egg, but yet not as yellow as daffodil buds. The best sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever mixes it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be sort of a grayish yellow green.

"Now the dining room I'd like yellow. Not just yellow, a very gay yellow. Something bright and sunshiny. I tell you, Mr. P--------, if you'll just send one of your workmen to the A&P for a pound of their best butter and match it exactly, you can't go wrong.

"This is the paper we're going to use here in the foyer. It's flowered but I don't want the ceiling to match any of the colors of the flowers. There are some little dots in the background, and it's these dots I want you to match. Not the little greenish dots near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear?

"The kitchen's to be white. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white -- a little warmer but not to suggest any other color but white.

"Now for the powder room, I want you to match this thread. You can see it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy Winesap and an unripened Jonathan."

"Got it, Charlie?"

"Green, yellow, blue, white, red."

Very recent movie, isn't it? I think I recall this monologue.

nvm - I'm such a dork. I used my Googlefu so I disqualify myself.

She really was the Lady every guy wanted to be married to, wasn't she?

Last edited:
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Like the previous offering, also staring Myrna Loy, one of the few actresses who could stand up on screen to giants like Cary Grant and William Powell, without having them steal the scene from her.

(My quote has slight deviations from the actual film. Sorry about that.)
Someone else take a turn, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom