What's new

UK shaving soap compendium

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Another compendium, another thread that will be transferred to Wiki. I did the American Aftershave compendium last week. Now, I'm at the bottom of my to-do list...

So, help me create the UK shaving soap compendium. Please list all the information that you have (website where available).

The list that I have for now. The stars are there to help me pre-format the text for wiki:tongue_sm - The strange [[ ]] code is to link the wiki page directly. So, I don't need a webpage for those as they are already in Wiki. Any other, please provide an http:// address of the official website.

*[http://www.boots.com/ Boots]
**Boots Shave stick
**Boots shaving soap
*[[Culmak|Culmak]]
**Culmak Shaving Soap
*[[Czech_%26_Speake|Czech & Speake]]
**No. 88
**Oxford and Cambridge
*[[D.R. Harris|D.R._Harris]]
**Almond
**Arlington
**Lavender
**Marlborough
*[[Edwin_Jagger|Edwin Jagger]]
**Sandalwood
**Aloe Vera
**Sea Buckthorn
*[[Erasmic|Erasmic]]
**Shaving soap
*[[Floris|Floris]]
**Elite Shaving Soap
**JF Shaving Soap
**No. 89 Shaving Soap
*[[Geo._F._Trumper|Geo F. Trumper]]
**Almond
**Coconut
**Extract of limes
**Officer and Gentleman
**Oxford blue
**Roses
**Sandalwood
**Violet
*[http://www.johnlewis.com/ John Lewis]
**Lavender soap
*[[Kent|Kent]]
**Shaving soap
* Mason Pearson
* [[Mitchell's_Wool_Fat_Soap|Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap]]
**MWF Shaving soap
*Pecksniff
**Various shaving soaps
*[[Penhaligon's|Penhaligon's]]
**Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Soap
**English Fern Shaving Soap
*[[Taylor_of_Old_Bond_Street|Taylor of Old Bond Street]]
**Lavender
**Pewter
**Sandalwood
**Traditional
*[[Tesco|Tesco]]
**Palmolive Stick Soap
**Wilkinson Sword shaving soap
**Wilkinson Sword shaving stick
*[[Truefitt_%26_Hill|Truefitt & Hill]]
**Luxury Shaving Soap
*[[Woods_of_Windsor|Woods of Windsor]]
**Shaving soap
*[[Yardley|Yardley]]
**Yardley Shaving Soap

Any others?

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Wilkinson Sword stick.
Boots stick.
Boots soap in bowl.
John Lewis Lavender soap.

Thanks for that, I could only find L'Occitane products on the John Lewis website, unless I have the wrong website...

My local TKMaxx (Edinburgh) stocks Pecksniff's soaps (couple of varieties). Don't know if other branches will stock it though.

I thought T&H only made the one shaving soap, Traditional. The other scents are bath soaps. MWF only offers the shaving soap in their specialty range, the other ranges are bath/hand soaps.

Cheers,
David

Luc

Staff member
I thought T&H only made the one shaving soap, Traditional. The other scents are bath soaps. MWF only offers the shaving soap in their specialty range, the other ranges are bath/hand soaps.

Cheers,
David

Fixed! :thumbup1:

Luc

Staff member
I was looking for more information about Palmolive and Wilkinson Sword being made by Tesco. I cannot find anything on the subject as Palmolive always re-direct me to Colgate. I was under the impression that both Palmolive Euro (with tallow) and Wilkinson Sword were made in Germany? By Colgate? Someone can confirm?

Luc

Staff member
The box from my Palmolive shave stick I bought in Tescos is mostly in German and says Made in Germany on it. Are you using the www.palmolive.eu.com site?

Yes, I did look there. My conclusions from this side of the globe is that Tesco is a supermarket chain that distributes Palmolive...

Luc

Staff member
Tesco is just a supermarket chain, admittedly one that is trying to take over the world but still just a distributor.

Ah ha! As I suspected! Thanks for that!

The above it correct, other places stock the shave stick too. You'll read about getting it in tescos because they are the only store that 'always' stock it. Some other supermarkets might stock it but it varies. I was just pointing out that it is Made in German for sure at least.

Luc

Staff member
The above it correct, other places stock the shave stick too. You'll read about getting it in tescos because they are the only store that 'always' stock it. Some other supermarkets might stock it but it varies. I was just pointing out that it is Made in German for sure at least.

Awesome, I will fix Wiki then! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom