What's new

large pores on the nose...

what to do? i don't get much acne and my skin is relatively easy to maintain and healthy. however, i've noticed i tend to get blackheads on my nose and somewhat large pores.

You can try this. Salicylic Acid 8 by Kavi. You can get stronger solutions, but I'd start with this one. Follow the directions on the bottle. Salicylic acid is great for "large pores", and to prevent blackheads.

http://kaviskin.com

Realistically there is only so much you can do. I've tried a lot for this and I don't think any cleanser or exfoliant type product can solve the problem. The pores simply get filled in again almost overnight, and if you plan on using acids or benzoyl peroxide on the skin every single day you're surely doing more harm than good. Pore size is genetic so I think any claim of being able to "shrink your pores" past their normal size is bogus. The best thing you can do is grab an extractor tool and clear them out once a week or so (take a hot shower first). If it really bothers you, you could also put a light dab of concealer on your nose to cover them up. That's what girls do.

cool will try that acid and that extractor tool. would a regular drugstore mix some for me?

cool will try that acid and that extractor tool. would a regular drugstore mix some for me?

Honestly? Probably not. Druggists don't like to go outside the box today.

A compounding pharmacy could probably do it, but they like a doctor's RX.

Note this re formula: This salicylic acid solution is specifically for oily or combination skin. At a pH of 2.35 and a concentration of 8%,... this from the Kavi site.

Frankly, I think it would be cheaper (and safer) overall to buy it from Kavi. & follow bottle directions.

I use it and it does work. You will need to apply sunscreen and wear sunscreen after use as it states on the bottle. Good luck.

Step 1
Wash your face with a scrub to exfoliate dead skin and help your scars heal faster. Regular exfoliation reveals the smooth, new skin underneath the dead layer and helps redness and discoloration from acne fade faster. It also can take away some of the roughness around depressed acne pits and shrink the size of your pores when performed on a regular basis.

Step 2
See a dermatologist to have a chemical peel performed on your face. An acid is applied to your skin and sits for several minutes. Once your skin is rinsed, you might notice some redness, and over the next few days, your skin will look irritated and might peel. Once healed, however, your acne scars should look smoother and your pores will be tighter and less visible. Several chemical peel treatments are usually needed to achieve the best results.

Step 3
Schedule an appointment for laser treatment with your dermatologist. During this procedure, your skin will be numbed and a laser will be shined on your acne scars and large pores. This will burn off the top layer of skin and encourage it to heal smoother and make pores shrink.

Step 4
Have dermabrasion done on your skin by a dermatologist. Your skin will be injected with a local anesthetic and a wire brush will be run over the surface of your skin, removing the top layer. After treatment, your skin will be very sore and swollen, since it's an open wound. Once it heals, your scars will be less visible and your pores should be tighter. You might need to undergo a few sessions to achieve the smooth skin you want.

You could also try making a "mini" clay mask twice a week: apply mask to your nose to suck out the gunk clogging your pores. Unfortunately, you can't do anything to change the size of your pores; you can only keep them clean.

Ask your dermatologist about Epiduo; it's a Retin A and BP combo formula that does not dry the skin and feels almost like a moisturizer.

Step 1
Wash your face with a scrub to exfoliate dead skin and help your scars heal faster. Regular exfoliation reveals the smooth, new skin underneath the dead layer and helps redness and discoloration from acne fade faster. It also can take away some of the roughness around depressed acne pits and shrink the size of your pores when performed on a regular basis.

Step 2
See a dermatologist to have a chemical peel performed on your face. An acid is applied to your skin and sits for several minutes. Once your skin is rinsed, you might notice some redness, and over the next few days, your skin will look irritated and might peel. Once healed, however, your acne scars should look smoother and your pores will be tighter and less visible. Several chemical peel treatments are usually needed to achieve the best results.

Step 3
Schedule an appointment for laser treatment with your dermatologist. During this procedure, your skin will be numbed and a laser will be shined on your acne scars and large pores. This will burn off the top layer of skin and encourage it to heal smoother and make pores shrink.

Step 4
Have dermabrasion done on your skin by a dermatologist. Your skin will be injected with a local anesthetic and a wire brush will be run over the surface of your skin, removing the top layer. After treatment, your skin will be very sore and swollen, since it's an open wound. Once it heals, your scars will be less visible and your pores should be tighter. You might need to undergo a few sessions to achieve the smooth skin you want.

:w00t: Holy Smokes! That sounds horrible!

Just lop your nose off with a sharp knife. That'll take care of those darn pores. :biggrin1:

the tweezerman extractor is awesome! i use it and a green clay mask (not the french green clay just some st.ives stuff) just on the nose.

if you are really serious about trying to reduce the comedones, then go to your dermatologist, and get a prescription for tretinoin cream. It will take roughly 6 weeks of once nightly use to see results.

Top Bottom