What's new

Shea moisture shave brush...

at least this is what I recall. I was in Target today and saw a whole line of shave products by this company. So I picked up the brush for a closer look it seemed soft but I don't recall seeing if the bristle were boar or badger. Anyone know?

at least this is what I recall. I was in Target today and saw a whole line of shave products by this company. So I picked up the brush for a closer look it seemed soft but I don't recall seeing if the bristle were boar or badger. Anyone know?

I saw it for the first time this evening.. One was open so I examined it.. I tend to doubt badger. For $8.99? I doubt it. However, it did seem fairly soft. You never know with a brush like that, it could shed like a dog once you get it home. There was nothing on the box that said what it was made of.

However, I imagine I will pick one up soon.. I'm all about the cheap stuff.

I actually picked this brush up a few days ago. I found it in target by accident and so far it works well for a noob like me. The only other brush I have is a Boar VDH and this is definitely better. I'm pretty sure it's synthetic, just because companies love to brag about how their product is %100 something.

I actually picked this brush up a few days ago. I found it in target by accident and so far it works well for a noob like me. The only other brush I have is a Boar VDH and this is definitely better. I'm pretty sure it's synthetic, just because companies love to brag about how their product is %100 something.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Body Shop synthetic. I like the idea of a synthetic brush, but the BS has no give for doing face-lathering.. it's only realistic funtion is that of a paint brush.. which is fine for creams but not that great for soaps.

I'll check the Targets in Dayton, OH tomorrow to see if they carry them. If so, I'll pick it up and give you a full report.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I just got back from Target where I picked one of these up.
It is very soft to the touch, much too soft for boar bristle.
It's way too cheap to be Badger, so based on that and all of the "organic" speak on the packaging I'm going to assume it is synthetic.
There is no information on the package or on their website about the bristle type, which again points to it being synthetic.
If it is, then I am sort of gaining a new respect for modern synthetics, not because of the "organic" or "natural" aspect, but just because of quality over cost.
I feel pretty sure that a synthetic brush has its own footprint in the chemicals and manufacturing process to make it.
I'll shave with it today and let you know how that goes.

Top Bottom