What's new

Post your shave dens!

Nothing too fancy - 2 glass shelves from Lowe's and the rest in drawers or under the sink. Outta sight are 400 Derby blades, more soaps, more creams, more AS - you know the deal. I make due with the shorter, angled end of the counter, while the wife has the other - again, you know the deal. :lol:

Too cheap to buy soap in wooden bowls, so I use Hocking glass cups for all pucks except Tabac, Gold Dachs and Pre de Provence. Just picked up MWF and Cade SS and have to try them yet. The make-shift scuttle I got at Meijer's for about $5.00. It's a big soup mug with a shallower Corelle bowl that sits perfectly inside with room for lots of hot water underneath. Not perfect (inner bowl is white and smooth), but I can still whip up a pretty good lather.

Brushes - Shavemac 177; Rooney 3/2 Super; C&E BBB; and an Omega boar short loft. Still need a razor rack for my old Gillettes and a couple Merkurs. For AS, I like the old fav's from the barbershops of my youth in the 60's - Clubman & OS.

Got an extra OS mug from my dad and his old boar brush to restore for him. It's butterscotch on the base and black at the top. I think it's a rubberset, but I'm not sure. Should look nice with a new 2 band badger knot in it. :w00t:

Great den! I really like that shelf.

Great den! I really like that shelf.

Mretzloff - Thanks a lot. It's interesting to see everyone's solution for their dens, depending on the space to work with and creative style. Also neat to see a lot of the same great products in everyone's dens.

Posting pictures of my shave den right now would be kinda impossible, since I don't have a shave den so much as a bathroom I have to share with my family... but here's pictures of my kit that I shot in a make-shift studio.

proxy.php

Large mug for lathering, C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) cream, Tweezerman brush, 1959 Gilette Fatboy and a Merkur long handle. This kit isn't complete without...

proxy.php

Blades!

Posting pictures of my shave den right now would be kinda impossible, since I don't have a shave den so much as a bathroom I have to share with my family... but here's pictures of my kit that I shot in a make-shift studio.

proxy.php

Large mug for lathering, C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) cream, Tweezerman brush, 1959 Gilette Fatboy and a Merkur long handle. This kit isn't complete without...

proxy.php

Blades!

Perfect! What more do you need? :thumbup1:

Such as it is...in my crappy bathroom in my old, sorry Korean apartment. Not much to look at, but the shaves are good and the cat keeps me company.

It not the size of the den, its the quality of the shave that you experience in it that matters! That is the B&B philosophy!:001_smile

Such as it is...in my crappy bathroom in my old, sorry Korean apartment. Not much to look at, but the shaves are good and the cat keeps me company.

There's nothing wrong with a small den. Can I assume that your toilet works, at least? I still have to fix mine. :D :thumbup: for good shaves.

I miss my cat. I traded him for a wife and kits 10 years ago, but I still think about him. Now I have three dogs. :blink:

There's nothing wrong with a small den. Can I assume that your toilet works, at least? I still have to fix mine. :D :thumbup: for good shaves.

I miss my cat. I traded him for a wife and kits 10 years ago, but I still think about him. Now I have three dogs. :blink:

The toilet works. Usually. I've had to fix it a few times, but thus far have managed to avoid having to get a plumber here. The sink faucets need new washers, but I'm reluctant to replace them because the cat refuses to drink out of his bowl - he'll only go for the dripping faucet.

Top Bottom