What's new

What's the most vile aftershave that ever was?

After reading a lot of posts on how wretched various aftershaves smell, I was wondering what people might consider to be the worst in any generation? Something the dog would roll in and the cat try to bury.

I've tried some Russian ones (the names of which are lost to my memory) which were pretty vile.

OTOH, they probably would have been palatable with a twist of lime and a splash of soda.

proxy.php

Is there no end to to the senseless slaughter of vegetarians on this forum? One day I am going to have to find this stuff and try it.

So far the most insidious stuff I have found was Williams Lectric Preshave. I tried it out of curiosity, and at first it didn't smell bad. It did leave a strange feel to my skin, like a dry film. After a couple of hours, however, it really started to go south and become increasingly pungent. I could not wash the scent off either. Maybe it was something in my body chemistry, but I ended up smelling very musky/animalish for about a day. Aside from that, I never really liked British Sterling among the other more likable Mem fragrances that were popular when I was growing up.

I knew the Veg would get picked on. It's the ugly duckling of the aftershave world. But to those who appreciate it, it is the peerless swan.

As far as the worst goes, that for me would have to be Pinaud Tres Flores. It's semi-new and embodies the worst of what others ascribe to the Veg. At first I tried to like it, as I love all Pinaud products, but in the end couldn't do it. It's a sickly smell that just doesn't sit right.

Boy, what a loaded question. You might as well ask about political preferences!

IMHO - Brut is pretty bad, so is Jovan Musk, and Preferred Stock. Cool Water as well...

Should I go on?

I knew the Veg would get picked on. It's the ugly duckling of the aftershave world. But to those who appreciate it, it is the peerless swan. .

What part of the swan are you referring to?

Didn't we have a long thread about cornhuskers as an aftershave or condiment with bacon?

Master's Iceland Breeze was by far the worst smelling aftershave I've ever encountered. It even smelled worse than Musgo Real splash. :9898:

I already posted this elsewhere, but the worst one hands down was one of these:

proxy.php

I can't remember if it was the blue bottle or the green bottle, but it smells of wino sweat, chicken grease, urine, feet, crackwhore sex and musty death decay. The first time I smelled it, I took a deep whiff of it at a beauty supply store and immediately threw up on the floor. I haven't vomited since I was fourteen, when I drank too much Mickey's Malt Liquor and got on the Tilt-a-Whirl.

Black Magic. Oh my God.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

proxy.php

I can't remember if it was the blue bottle or the green bottle, but it smells of wino sweat, chicken grease, urine, feet, crackwhore sex and musty death decay. The first time I smelled it, I took a deep whiff of it at a beauty supply store and immediately threw up on the floor. I haven't vomited since I was fourteen, when I drank too much Mickey's Malt Liquor and got on the Tilt-a-Whirl.

Black Magic. Oh my God.

One of those unforgettable equations like E=mc2;

Mickey's Malt Liquor + Tilt-a-Whirl = Puke Volcano

proxy.php

The first time I smelled it, I took a deep whiff of it at a beauty supply store and immediately threw up on the floor.

Beauty Store Clerk: "Here comes that aftershave sniffer guy again, you know, the effective ointment guy...."

Beauty Store Manager: "Quick!! Get the mop!" lol lol

Pinaud Lime Sec is the only aftershave that has made me do a double take. I opened it up took a deep whiff and my head snapped back and off to the side..(think Zapruder film, guys) It smelled like an evil lime popsicle..Thank God the store clerk let me return it and I picked up a spare bottle of Clubman instead....Yuk times 3.14....Your mileage may not vary on this one!!!

Marty E.
Ivory Club Por Homme Representative

Black Magic. Oh my God.

You, sir, crack me up! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Black Magic. Oh my God.

Don't hold back, Rob, tell us what you really think. :lol::lol::lol:

Ah, I know what I'm about to say is not popular around these parts... but anything from Clubman. I really regret buying my bottle of Pinuad.

Speaking about regrets, I really dislike Bay Rum too.

...it smells of wino sweat, chicken grease, urine, feet, crackwhore sex and musty death decay.

If it only smelled of wino sweat, chicken grease, urine, feet, and musty death decay, I would pass on it. But since it also smells of crackwhore sex, that means I'm going to have to search some out tomorrow, since I've been itching to find out what that smells like for quite some time. (And no doubt, I will also be itching after I find out, but that's a topic for a different thread.)

Last edited:
Master's Iceland Breeze was by far the worst smelling aftershave I've ever encountered. It even smelled worse than Musgo Real splash. :9898:

I have to go along with that observation about Master's Iceland Breeze.

God awful!!!

Masters does make some great aftershaves that are IMHO vastly overlooked by B&B members.

But the Iceland Breeze isn't even worth pouring in your toilet bowl to give your bathroom a pleasant scent.

proxy.php

Funny as hell, you cigar smoking devil. But you must admit, the bottle is pretty cool.

Top Bottom