What's new

SOTD- sheng of the day

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I had tried a sample previously and was impressed enough that I picked up two tongs in the last group buy. Just had a feeling it would really move once folks got a taste.

I'm on vacation, but I should placing another order in about a week or so. Deciding is the hardest part!

2006 Long Yuan Hao Banna Prince Brick -

Orange with a tinge of brown in the cup. Flavors of candied peach/orange? ...and yancha with a bit of astringency. Pronounced sweetness on the finish. Seems to be missing something though. Not bad overall but not inspiring.

2007 Mengku Shuangjiang Mu Ye Chun. One of my favorites. This has actually gained a bit of a bottom end since I have had it, making it even nicer. Interesting how the pu'er changes, even over months.

2003 Tai Lian Jingmai. This is quite enjoyable if a little simple. Delicious.

Hear hear. Worth a fling.

2007 Mengku Shuangjiang Mu Ye Chun. One of my favorites. This has actually gained a bit of a bottom end since I have had it, making it even nicer. Interesting how the pu'er changes, even over months.

Has it?! Superb! I bought a bunch of them and then forgot them. Is it 001 or 002?

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. When I read "bottom end", I sniggered aloud.

Hear hear. Worth a fling.

Has it?! Superb! I bought a bunch of them and then forgot them. Is it 001 or 002?

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. When I read "bottom end", I sniggered aloud.

I'm still drinking the 001 tonight, many infusions in. I love the sweetness of it, and it is deliciously oily. One of my favorites over the past year.

I'm still drinking the 001 tonight, many infusions in. I love the sweetness of it, and it is deliciously oily. One of my favorites over the past year.

I see why you were suggesting it for the next group buy. Sounds wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks
2003 Tai Lian Jingmai. This is quite enjoyable if a little simple. Delicious.

This is one of my favorites too. I have enjoyed it many times.

Last edited:

One might say... unctuously oleaginous?
:biggrin:

I need to find my 001. It's buried in a box in the lounge thanks to the redecoration of the upstairs rooms.

For now, I'm enjoying the 2006 Yibang Chamasi "Gedebaohao". Silly name, silly company, surprisingly nice tea. I last tried this almost exactly one year ago and, in the two years I've had it, I'm very happy with its aging. It has become quite distinctly darker and is turning into quite the tobacco bomb.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Edit: crikey, that Gedebao cake has increased in price from $20 to $30 in just a year or so.

One might say... unctuously oleaginous?
:biggrin:

Now you know I had to look up at least one of those words... but isn't "unctuously oleaginous" somewhat "repetitively redundant." :wink:

Trying out a 2005 Xiaguan "Cang Er Tuo Cha" Raw Pu-erh tea tuo. I am with Ouch on this one... it was not quite all that I expected but it was very nice, nonetheless. I think the anticipation factor that Ouch mentioned came into play.

Last edited:
2004 Hai Lang Hao Da Xue Shan zhuan cha. I like this, but I feel like this is the only type of pu'er I've had for a while. They're starting to blend together.

After a week of not drinking any tea, I had to brew a tea I know I wouldn't be disappointed of the waiting.

To my surprise, I picked 08 XG IS. I think there are better quality teas in my storage but somehow I ended up brewing this tea.

Once again, I am affirmed that to my taste, this is the best 08 shengpuerh among big factory productions I sampled. There are some small batch productions from smaller factories I think I might enjoy just as much but I like this the most from 08.

Fruity, chunky, slightly roasty in the right way (not like the Menku hongcha-like but more like the yiwu-like roasty taste), smooth with good aftertaste of wild flower and nice steaming huigan.

Good to be drinking tea again.

2008 Xiaguan XY 8853. This is so good, I'm not going to ruin it with words. I'm just going to say you have to try it for yourself.

Top Bottom