What's new

Discussion Thread for SR 3824

Timmy,
I really wanted to ask a question about the Simpson Chubby 1 in super versus the Saville Row Il Bambino, but there was no discussion thread on the Chubby review. Anyway, I know the Chubby is a larger knot (by far) than the 3118, but they are both short loft, high density. I'd like something smaller and stiffer for both soaps and creams than my Vulfix 2235, but with a $100 difference in price, I'd really like some help. Thanks!

-Casey

[QUOTE

Savile Row is neither Savile nor a Row, Discuss!

QUOTE]

Indeed, nor was the holy Roman empire holy, or Roman, or an empire. Now if you'll excuse me I'm feeling a little verklempt.

Tim - How do you compare this to the 3118?

Dennis

Dennis -- Again these are very different beasts, but IMO the 3824 is a much better brush and well worth the additional cost. I still like my little Bambino and still use her. The 3118 is dense, great, works very well, it's not as soft as the 3824. The 3118 also with it's size it has the added benefit of being a great travel brush in addition to standard use. Also with the 24mm knot, the 3824's neither too big nor too small so while it's not as maneuverable as 3118, it's still maneuverable. IMO, Bambino's great, 3824's better.
At the moment, I don't reallyl know what else to say, if you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Dennis - I will try to get a review of the SR 3118 up soon.

Ron-- Hint, Hint, Maybe you'd like to do an Il Bambino Review, too :biggrin:

Dennis - I will try to get a review of the SR 3118 up soon.

Ron-- Hint, Hint, Maybe you'd like to do an Il Bambino Review, too :biggrin:

Here is Ron's Silvertip Shootout...

Timmy B. I see you posted it for Casey in the other thread (I saw this after I put up the link to Ron's shootout)...while this isn't in the review section it has alot of good info.

So I've got (and currently using as my main brush) the 3124.

And now I'm all stoked to get a 3824. But what will it offer me beyond my 3124, besides a different design handle? The knot size is the same... Manufacturer is the same... would it even be worth it to invest in a 3824, or do I skip the 3824 and instead order both versions of the B&B brush instead? :confused:

Thanks in advance for anyone who might happen to have used both a 3824 and a 3124, and can give me their opinion.

Here is Ron's Silvertip Shootout...

Timmy B. I see you posted it for Casey in the other thread (I saw this after I put up the link to Ron's shootout)...while this isn't in the review section it has alot of good info.

Ron's Silvertip Shootout thread is responsible for my purchase of the 3118, a great thread. Thanks for the post.

So I've got (and currently using as my main brush) the 3124.

And now I'm all stoked to get a 3824. But what will it offer me beyond my 3124, besides a different design handle? The knot size is the same... Manufacturer is the same... would it even be worth it to invest in a 3824, or do I skip the 3824 and instead order both versions of the B&B brush instead? :confused:

Thanks in advance for anyone who might happen to have used both a 3824 and a 3124, and can give me their opinion.

If you've already got the 3124, I wouldn't get the 3824. But you like the SR, you can look into a larger brush like a 3226, or 3328 or downsize with a 3722. Here's a great photoessay and review of the 3722.

Also keep in mind, that other than the handle color/material both versions of the B&B are indentical. If you're working on a collection, you may want to go for different brushes. Same for the 3824, I love this brush, but if you've got a 3124, I wouldn't get the 3824, at least not any time soon. If you want another brush, I'd get something different, just my opinion though.

If you've already got the 3124, I wouldn't get the 3824. But you like the SR, you can look into a larger brush like a 3226, or 3328 or downsize with a 3722. Here's a great photoessay and review of the 3722.

Also keep in mind, that other than the handle color/material both versions of the B&B are indentical. If you're working on a collection, you may want to go for different brushes. Same for the 3824, I love this brush, but if you've got a 3124, I wouldn't get the 3824, at least not any time soon. If you want another brush, I'd get something different, just my opinion though.

Yeah that was kind of my thought as well. The B&B brush is a different story, though. I might have to invest in both, just because it's such a great deal... even though the only difference will be the handles.

M

modern man

"Savile Row is neither Savile nor a Row, Discuss!"

Another SNL classic!

I just picked one up COMMING SOON!

Had to dig up this old thread to see if their were anymore feedback for the SR 3824!:biggrin:

M

modern man

This thing on? testing........1..............2...............3?..........:confused:

Ouch, I need the Cricket noise please.

Come on fellas I know their are more people ready to HYPE the SR3824 :001_tt1:

This thing on? testing........1..............2...............3?..........:confused:

Ouch, I need the Cricket noise please.

Come on fellas I know their are more people ready to HYPE the SR3824 :001_tt1:

I have been in contact with Charles regarding this "Champ" of a brush actually.

Regards,

Top Bottom