What's new

Travel Size Soaps

Anyone know where I can find travel size shaving soaps? I've found tons of creams but no soaps. Prefer soap because its considered a solid and not a liquid like cream. This may be the reason why I have not seen any soaps. :blush:

conk makes some fairly small soaps.

you could also mill some bigger soaps down into little tubs for travel if you really wanted.

you could also look into using shaving sticks - theyre great for travel.

Dovo makes a travel tin with a soap puck in it. I believe it is Gold-Dachs soap which is very nice. I will give another plug for shave sticks. I have a couple that I use for travel. They are convenient, easy to pack and work well.

Shave sticks seem very wierd to me, I think it has to do with smearing the soap on your face that seems bizarre. Can you use a shave stick like a normal puck and wipe the brush on it? Are there sticks that come in plastic containers that make it easier to travel?

Shave sticks seem very wierd to me, I think it has to do with smearing the soap on your face that seems bizarre.

It's very convenient when you travel. Face-lathering isn't what I usually do at home, but it works a treat when you don't have a full-on travel shave den.

Can you use a shave stick like a normal puck and wipe the brush on it?

Yes, but it's awkward, as the bearing surface of the stick is small, compared to a full-size (larger-diameter) soap.

Are there sticks that come in plastic containers that make it easier to travel?

Some soap vendors produce soap sticks that come in deodorant-like push-up tubes, but I really like to chop off the bottom of a Speick stick and put the stick (sans the plastic holder) in an old small-size Colgate Shave Stick tube. They fit perfectly and you can wrap a little aluminum foil around the base to provide a surer grip.

When flying with carry on only, I like to use the smaller Proraso soap in the tub. The cover on that snaps shut and stays shut. I'm going to try melting other soaps into one of those containers as soon as I finish one.

Shaving sticks are another option, and it is no less wierd smearing one of those on your face than it is to smear Chapstick on your lips, or use a deodorant stick.

But you can take virtually any soap with you by putting it in a plastic screw top dish.

Tabac shave soap sticks come in their own deodorant-type plastic tube; I've been using one for travel, but am finding it difficult to face lather with it -- I'm getting "okay" results, but nothing like the success I have bowl lathering with my regular Tabac soap dish at home.

When flying with carry on only, I like to use the smaller Proraso soap in the tub. The cover on that snaps shut and stays shut. I'm going to try melting other soaps into one of those containers as soon as I finish one.

Where do you find the smaller Proraso soap tub? Hopefully, it comes in Aloe and Green Tea.

williams is kind of small. you can head over to CVS or target and grab one of the travel soap containers and you'll be all set.

That's awesome, is there a tutorial on how to melt soap? Is it similar to melting chocolate?

First off, you are going to want to melt down a melt-and-pour soap. Examples: Col Conk, QED, HoneyBee Spas, The Gentlemens Quarterly, Van Der Hagen, Mama Bear, etc. Please don't try melting down a triple-milled or tallow based soap. Unless you are an expert soap maker your results will most likely be south of spectacular.

You have two options: (1) Put the soap in a microwave safe container and blast in the microwave for in 10 second bursts until you have liquid and pour into container of your choice (2) Use a double boiler method (like melting chocolate) and then pour into container of your choice.

I find the microwave is much quicker and therefor more convenient. I have melted dozen of soaps with no ill effect using the microwave.

Good Luck!

I melted a small amount of soap in to an empty chapstick tube. Very tiny and will give me about a weeks worth of shaves. My business travel typically is only one or two nights so I'm set!

I just hate having to bring the hideous mach-style razor for fear of my DE blade being a national security risk at the airport :mad:

Travel soap for me is a slice of Palmolive shave stick (about 20mm/¾" sliced off using a cheese wire) which I toss out before coming home. Just long enough to grab hold of and face lather, and at 4 slices per stick about 12p/18c a throw.

When checking out at the grocery store today I spied a tin of York Mints. It's a round tin the right size for a small puck. A TGQ 1 ounce puck fits with room to spare. You might be able to melt two into it.

I ordered a travel size edwin jagger sea buckthorn shave soap from the english shaving company. Does anyone know where I can order EJ products in the US?

I didn't do this for travel, but it would definitely work. I ordered a sample pack of soaps from The Gentlemen's Quarter. I didn't have anything to put the soaps in, so I went to Target to see if I could find something about the right size. I found these little Glad bowls and the samples fit perfectly.

proxy.php

Top Bottom