What's new

Another pizza thread

DiFara's is one of the best around though...maybe he can get $5 a slice...who knows?

I recall 5th grade which was when we were first allowed to leave school grounds for lunch and several buddies and I would walk the 3 blocks to the local pizza place for lunch. 2 slices and a fountain soda was $.75. The pizzeria is still there and the same special is available for $4.75.

I went to grade school at P.S. 28 on Tremont Ave in The Bronx. Circa 1960 - 1966. We were always allowed off the school property for lunch. Mom gave me 60 cents a day for lunch. I usually went to Ida's Pizza on Tremont Ave., or the Jewish deli a couple of doors down. For 50 cents i would get 2 slices of pizza and a soda. At the the deli I would get a hot dog or a burger, french fries and soda for the same 50 cents. the remaining dime was used up on a couple of candy bars at a nickle apiece. After so many visits to the deli, I still to this day have never had a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
"believed to be the highest pizza price outside of an airport or ballpark"

:lol: ... and the only one worth the price (or 10% thereof!)

proxy.php

Man, between this place and Peter Luger's, I gotta get to Brooklyn. I guess if Katz's were in Brooklyn, would there be any reason to eat in Manhattan?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
They're gruff and dirty, but I'll admit DiFara's makes a good slice. Totonno's on Neptune Ave. is still better, but they had a fire back in March. For calzone, House of Pizza and Calzone on Union St. is tought to beat for an authentic deep fried calzone, no ham on Friday! :tongue_sm

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sam's Club: one huge slice of pizza and a 32?oz soda for less than 3 bucks, tax and all.
I usually opt for the Nathan's hot dog with a side of sauerkraut and the same soda for 1.70 plus tax.
And my cardiologist foots the bill! Says it's a great investment for his kids college fund.....not really. He's an awesome Doc. I cut his hair when he was little!

Top Bottom