What's new

southeast asian type fragrance

I'm looking for a (southeast) asian type of smell. Alas with the coming of internet, and the globalization, a lot of good shops have closed their door. So i'm basicly stuck with the "standard stuff".

However, can someone point me in a good direction for searching these fagrances?

Old Spice is a very Indonesian type scent. It smells of kretek (clove cigarettes.). Anyway, if you're looking for anything specific let me know and I'll see if it's available here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
"Southeast Asia" is a pretty broad spectrum for smells. (some of them are pretty unpleasant) Believe me, I know, I've spent about 30 years over there.
In your opinion, what are some of the primary notes you'd be looking for in a Southeast Asia Scent?

here in lies the problem. There is no way of getting a sense of the smell when your looking for something like that... and there really arn't any good perfumeries that sell stuff other then then "hugo boss"/"ralph lauren" etc...

This thread made me laugh! Eau de Asian! Too funny!

Can you do the Asian squat?

proxy.php

Frankly speaking, it's hard to make an eau de durian as each durian has its own specific fragrance.:lol::lol::lol:

But to keep it on topic, I think Kenzo Jungle pour homme has that indonesian feel.. very clovey

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm guessing ( hoping ? ) he's not after Eau De Durian :001_smile

Man, I love that stuff. It just smells so godawful, but it tastes great. Most hotels ban you from bringing it in, so you have to eat it at a market stall.
Word of advice, don't drink carbonated beverages immediately before or after eating durian. Belching can be hazardous to the environment.

indeed there are several fragrances that would be suited for a "southeast asian" scent... and no durian is not one of those i'm seeking :) neither is salted fish, garlic, trazi, chili paste or any of those things :). I have a weak spot for the scent of fresh tropic wood, i can just dream away and see myself walking amongst one of the many craftsmans places. But i'm also open to other suggestions.

I've heard that oil based scents are probably better then alcohol based scents, as they evaporate less (not a very imposing as a smell) last longer and intensify when you are getting warm (thus keeping the smell of sweat at bay).

but really it's hard to get a sense of a smell. They way they descripe it at nst perfume is probably better then i can ever do.

indeed there are several fragrances that would be suited for a "southeast asian" scent... and no durian is not one of those i'm seeking :) neither is salted fish, garlic, trazi, chili paste or any of those things :). I have a weak spot for the scent of fresh tropic wood, i can just dream away and see myself walking amongst one of the many craftsmans places. But i'm also open to other suggestions.

I'll still say Diptyque. Tam Dao. Simply a tremendous sandalwood.

i cannot imagine how sandalwood smells. I'll try the tam dao if i can find it anywhere.
A vastly cheaper alternative is Sandalwood incense oil by Nandita fragrances. 8ml for $8. It might not be natural, but it smells exactly like the sandalwood beads I have (as does Tam Dao after the drydown). And it lasts all day.

Available online too. Check IncenseGuru.

I just now have found a site called theperfumedcourt.com that has sample vials and larger of this and many others with a list that is searchable by several criteria. I have never done business with them before so I cannot comment on their reliability but they seem to be worth a look and have quite a large inventory.:biggrin:

Top Bottom