What's new

Does this happen to you?

My technique has really improved since I first started DE shaving about 6 months ago. I really get excellent shaves now, but I seem to have one problem that I need some help with. I'm able to do as many passes as needed, I usually do a 3 pass shave, WTG,XTG, and ATG, and finish up with some blade buffing for rough spots. As I said my shaves a really good, with an occasional weeper that gets taken care of with the alum block. My problem is: on one side of my upper lip I have a spot that no matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of the very fine stubble, its the only spot that I can feel the stubble when I rub ATG with my fingers after I'm through shaving. Has anyone out there had this problem? I've tried quite a few dif. blades, but could it be that I just haven't found my one perfect blade? I've tried 4 and 5 passes but the roughness remains. I know if I apply more pressure I can take care of the problem, but the resulting razor burn is not worth it. I've gone every way and all angles with my HD, my 1904, and even my slant. Am I still doing something wrong? This one spot has me baffled.

Yeah this happens to me, usually around the corners of the mouth. Like you, i tried to go every which way and it would still be a little prickly. As long as i had sufficiently reduced the stubble and it doesn't stand out, it really doesn't bother me all too much.

I developed some unique maneuvers for a few areas on my face. Time and practice will likely reveal a fix to you. Stick with it! :cool:

avoid pressure...instead try contorting your face a few different ways to stretch the skin and ensure a flat surface. I have a similar issue and have found a few goofy looking faces I can make to get the job done. You can also use your tounge to help stretch the skin in that area.

Last edited:
I push my nose upwards and to the side to shave the upper lip. This is the only way I can get a clean shave at the top of my upper lip. Works great.

avoid pressure...instead try contorting your face a few different ways to stretch the skin and ensure a flat surface. I have a similar issue and have found a few goofy looking faces I can make to get the job done. You can also use your tounge to help stretch the skin in that are.

I like that use of the tongue thing, I've tried the face thing and the stretches and stuff, but to no avail. I'll try the tongue thing combined with a few goofy faces to see if that does the job. Thanks.

I like that use of the tongue thing, I've tried the face thing and the stretches and stuff, but to no avail. I'll try the tongue thing combined with a few goofy faces to see if that does the job. Thanks.

Goofy faces work well for me. It's a good thing because that's all God gave me! :biggrin::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom