What's new

How much would you have paid for...

I agree that auction appeared to me as, "good from afar but far from good" If I were to bid, I probably would have topped out in the 75-80 range.

looks like that guy is going to grow a beard or is just getting rid of his collection to convert to electric, or cartridges.

That's the auction I lost out on. It was my first Ebay effort(and my last) and, frankly, I didn't know what the hell was going on. Me and another guy were bumping bids up by $1.00 or so up until about 2 minutes left. I figured he'd try to sneak in at the last minute so I put a max of $150 and went back to football games. I was expecting the other guy to maybe max @ $100 and I'd win. Would I have been pissed if I won at $150? Nah. Since this would have my first purchase in the world of DE I probably would have put more of it to use than most. But I don't mind losing it either. Never felt completely comfortable about the used brushes/creams.

That's the auction I lost out on. It was my first Ebay effort(and my last) and, frankly, I didn't know what the hell was going on. Me and another guy were bumping bids up by $1.00 or so up until about 2 minutes left. I figured he'd try to sneak in at the last minute so I put a max of $150 and went back to football games. I was expecting the other guy to maybe max @ $100 and I'd win. Would I have been pissed if I won at $150? Nah. Since this would have my first purchase in the world of DE I probably would have put more of it to use than most. But I don't mind losing it either. Never felt completely comfortable about the used brushes/creams.

Welcome! If you're looking for a starter kit, you can do better here for a lot less money. I say better because if you're just starting out, you don't to bombard yourself right off with dozens of razors to pick from. Work on your technique with a good Merkur or vintage gillette, and start building your collection once you're totally comfortable. May I suggest vonmuppet's starter kit if it's still available?

That is a sweet kit. I pulled the trigger this morning otherwise I'd have probably jumped all over that one. I was able to get everything I wanted though without shipping charges so I'm content. Admittedly, it is a lot of different stuff but hopefully I'll be able to exercise a little self control else I might have to shave more than my face :eek:

I'd say it was worth at least what it went for.

Probably $80 worth of brushes. Aristocrat is worth $25 at least. Adjustable Aristocrat probably $40-$50. Gems $5-$10 each. Two new or nearly new creams that retail for over $20 each. Have to be worth more than $20 together.

-Mo

Top Bottom