What's new

When applying lather, I lightly paint the brush across my face

I lightly paint the brush of lather onto my face without any scrubbing. I don't go over the same spot more than once. When the lather touches my face, its there and the brush doesn't touch that spot again until the second pass. How does this compare to scrubing the brush onto the face, in terms of the amount of lather used and the thickness of the lather on your face.

btw I'm just trying to compare different methods. I've tried applying lather many different ways but would like some more opinions on it too.

By working the lather on your face, you can increase the "richness" of the lather, i.e., build more, thicker lather. You don't have to "scrub", but use a scrubbing motion.

Randy

IMHO the difference would be in the case when the whiskers are long enought so that lather gets all around them and also on the skin. If you would use only paint brush motion the alther would stick on the surface and would not get to your skin. It also helps to massage your skin lightly.

You should scrub.

Scrubbing the brush gets the cream around the whiskers and forces them to rise up for shearing with the blade.

Scrubbing also helps to exfoliate the skin and helps to release the whiskers if they hidden under some skin.

-joedy

What's the point of just puffying it on your face? I agree with the scrub technique--not mashing but scrubbing. It really feels good, exfoliates, gets the whiskers ready to be cut as best as can be. Also a rapid scrub really builds the lather and liberates the aroma of the soap or cream.

My process depends on the brush I'm using. If I'm using the Chubby 3 in Best, I do a bit of scrubbing and working the lather in. If I'm using the Rooney in Super, I paint 3 coats of so on all the face, which is pretty darned nice. Both work the lather into the face and whiskers, which work best for me.

i work up the lather in a bowl then paint it on my face or sometimes scrub lightly and then paint. if i scrub too much, i've noticed that it makes my skin drier than when i just paint. so a slight scrub works best for me.

Top Bottom