What's new

Philly Cheese

M

modern man

Trader Joe got me going on Cheese Steaks and I was wondering how you guys take yours.

Me its Cheese whiz and provolone (I am a glutton :drool:) with grilled onions.

If you haven't gone to Philly to get one you don't know what your missing. Every place has a food that they swear by and I go for this :biggrin:

M

modern man

:drool: Whiz With: from Pat's :thumbup1:

don't forget to say where....

Sunbury Sub Shop (hometown) :lol:

Tony Luke (Oregon Ave South Philadelphia under the bridge)

BTW I heard he went up VS Bobby Flay. Who won?

M

modern man

yo Doc...did you ever hit up "Steve's" on the boulevard? That joint serves up a pretty solid steak too.

Na man.

Just the G and Tony's'

I am not from Philly but still love the place. (i am not form NY but I know where to get a sandwich :thumbup1: )

I discovered Cheesesteaks while at Haverford College. This led to Rosemont Pizza Cheesesteaks becoming my favorite with onions, green peppers, and yes catsup! I was not much of a drinker but on occassion--and I did learn that the my favorite cheesesteak, a Coke, and 3 extra-strength Tylenol prevented any and all hangovers.

Now as a liver doctor, I must stronger advise against the mixture of alcohol and regular and especially overdoses of Tylenol.

Getting back to it, while I have found what is termed "cheesesteak" outside of Philly--they are not really Cheesesteaks IMO (not the capital C). Cheesesteaks exist only in and around Philadelphia. Even the worst of the worst--a Wawa cheesesteak--beats the pants out of anything referred to as cheesesteak outside of that metropolitan area.

I discovered Cheesesteaks while at Haverford College. This led to Rosemont Pizza Cheesesteaks becoming my favorite with onions, green peppers, and yes catsup! I was not much of a drinker but on occassion--and I did learn that the my favorite cheesesteak, a Coke, and 3 extra-strength Tylenol prevented any and all hangovers.

Now as a liver doctor, I must stronger advise against the mixture of alcohol and regular and especially overdoses of Tylenol.

Getting back to it, while I have found what is termed "cheesesteak" outside of Philly--they are not really Cheesesteaks IMO (not the capital C). Cheesesteaks exist only in and around Philadelphia. Even the worst of the worst--a Wawa cheesesteak--beats the pants out of anything referred to as cheesesteak outside of that metropolitan area.

oh man.... WAWA. i miss that place :001_tt1:

you got it right bro, they can't do a philly cheesesteak outside of philly.

Speaking of which, Hoagies. Doc, should we start another thread on where to get a good hoagie.

M

modern man

oh man.... WAWA. i miss that place :001_tt1:

you got it right bro, they can't do a Philly cheesesteak outside of philly.

I have one in Waldorf MD (bout 10 miles from me) cheep gas their too :biggrin:

M

modern man

Speaking of which, Hoagies. Doc, should we start another thread on where to get a good hoagie.

Your Turn start it up bro :scared: MTSSB is all ready mad with me about curry :001_tt2: I would only have 200 post if it wasn't for that night.:lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The two main places are across the street from each other. On the rare occasions that I'm there, I have to have both (in the true B&B purchasing manner).:drool:

M

modern man

The two main places are across the street from each other. On the rare occasions that I'm there, I have to have both (in the true B&B purchasing manner).:drool:

PCAD

(philly cheesesteak AD) :w00t:

It's Steve's off of Bustleton Ave for me. I usually have mine with American and fried onions. I had the pleasure of living 5 minutes away from this place while I was a bachelor. Now I'm more like an hour away. I miss those days.

When I'm closer to downtown it's G's.

Chris

Can't get a "real" Philly Cheese Steak her in NY. When I'm in Philly its Pat's
provolone wit.

For the record, Tony Luke's has opened in NYC, so that might not be true anymore. I've also heard Carl's is pretty good, but not tried either yet.

-Mo

I've had philly cheese steaks in Philadelphia and was disappointed. The one that I used to be able to get locally had a grilled mix of onion, bell pepper, mushroom and pepperoni slices that was seasoned with garlic salt and black pepper. Melted mozzarella and provolone over all that. :drool: The best philly cheese steak ever!

Top Bottom