What's new

Of all the scents I've tried....

And I've never tried.......
Tabac
Anything from St Charles Shave
Anything from TOBS or T&H
Anything from Hermes or Caron
Any Arabians
This definitely is a sickness, but so much fun!

T&H has some GREAT stuff! They have a sampler pack of all their scents (creams, a/s, and colognes) for $16. I highly recommend it.

Trafalgar and Grafton are my favorites for creams, a/s, and cologne. I would call Trafalgar clean and woody, Grafton is spicy and woody.

Spanish Leather is AWESOME!!! But, it only comes in cologne. It is a very unique scent: leather, spice, wood, very manly.

You should try Tabac, Tom, if for no other reason than it's so popular. With all of the somewhat exotic fragrances you've explored, you shouldn't miss out on a staple like Tabac.

:cool:

Does that mean that you have revised your opinion of Yatagan? Or is it the others in the lineup that you refer to?

I can't imagine being without either Yatagan or Pour un Homme. Thank God Amazon had a promotion a few months back - I needed a hand truck to bring all those bottles inside.

As for Hermes... Ought to try Bel Ami or Equipage. Rocabar is pretty generic.

There will always be a whole bunch of stuff on the list, that's what makes it so much fun!

There's no way to make a dent in all the available scents. We should start a sample swap train. I could easily pack up a couple dozen (30? 40?) sample/decant vials and pass 'em on.

I think it was done here a while ago, but I haven't heard about it since. Take a vial, put back another and try everything. :)

Funny story: I was in a biggish perfume store in a small German town (Bruchsal south of Frankfurt), and asked about a Mitsouko sample. Oh no, they hadn't any of those, they had only samples of Hugo Boss' Elements. ONLY of that one. I was like "okay, thanks".
I got a nice spray out of the Mitsouko trial bottle instore though. A bit too dark and spicy for my tastes, I'd rather wear with something ligher.

We should revive the sample pass for anyone interested. No sense sitting on a bunch of samples if someone can use them.

Top Bottom