What's new

Merkur Travel

Hi Folks

I travel quite a lot and recently bought a Merkur Travel.

I have one question......what is the best way to store the blade without damaging the edge?

Regards
Brian

madmedic said:
Hi Folks

I have one question......what is the best way to store the blade without damaging the edge?

Regards
Brian
Good question Brian. When I was confronted with that very same problem, I rebelled. I decided to carry a Progress in box, a box of blades, a travel brush in tube, a tube of Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood shave cream, aftershave balm, and cologne, and a 2oz plastic bottle with atomizer of DaVinci Water.. Oh, I also pack a mini lather bowl... I know I am absolutely no help, but I decided that my shave was not going to suffer just because I was on the road.
There are so many issues with carry-on and razor blades, etc, that I decided to load my dopp kit for bear and check my baggage...

For what it is worth.... I think the travel razor is kinda worthless, and doesn't work so well.... I took mine on a weeks long vacation without giving it a trial run, and greatly regretted it... it is medeocre at best in my opinion.

guenron said:
Good question Brian. When I was confronted with that very same problem, I rebelled. I decided to carry a Progress in box, a box of blades, a travel brush in tube, a tube of Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood shave cream, aftershave balm, and cologne, and a 2oz plastic bottle with atomizer of DaVinci Water.. Oh, I also pack a mini lather bowl... I know I am absolutely no help, but I decided that my shave was not going to suffer just because I was on the road.
There are so many issues with carry-on and razor blades, etc, that I decided to load my dopp kit for bear and check my baggage...

Ron,
Why pack at all? I'm surprized you just don't have one of your daily QED shipments sent to your point of destination!:001_tt2:

I'm just green with envy...

Bob

Brian, I have a Merkur Travel Razor that came with a polished steel case. I usually pack 2 blades in the steel case. Works well for me.

Austin said:
Brian, I have a Merkur Travel Razor that came with a polished steel case. I usually pack 2 blades in the steel case. Works well for me.

Hi Austin. Lucky You! I have a little leather case...which looks good. Not sure about the effectiveness.

Brian

Hi Folks

Regards
Brian
I'll reuse the blade's original paper packaging and put it together with the razor into the supplied leather case, it fits. I hope it helps.

$Merkur_985CL.jpg

Top Bottom