What's new

Read only new posts

New to this forum but there is one thing that bothers me. Maybe it is only me or some option that you can enable in the profile.

The problem is that whenever I open a new thread, I always get directed to the first post, even if I have read posts in the thread before.

Is there an option that opens a thread with the first unread message and not the first message?

Edit: Just noticed that there actually is a button for "show first unread message". Is there any way to get this a default?

/John

Last edited:
I find it does this for me about 50% of the time anyway... I'm not sure why it does at times and not at others though.

Is there an option that opens a thread with the first unread message and not the first message?

Edit: Just noticed that there actually is a button for "show first unread message". Is there any way to get this a default?

You can set this option up in the User Control Panel, along with many other configurations to make reading forums faster and easier.

If you'll notice in teh list of threads, the titles of posts with new content are bold, and have a small red box containing a white triangle with it's tip down. Click that box to skip and items within the thread that you have already read.

If you enter a thread from a "Next Thread"/"Previous Thread" link at the bottom of a thread, then that same red box will be to the left of the title again.

Hope that helps!

G

gone down south

Do you only want to see threads with new posts? Click on "new posts" at the top of the screen, and be sure to go to "quick links -> mark forums read" when you're done.

Do you want to skip to the first unread post in a thread? Click on the little red arrow to the left of the thread title.

You're welcome, gratuities are accepted!

Top Bottom