What's new

Applying Aftershaves

This may be an elementary question (my dear Watson), but how do you all apply aftershaves?

1) Sprinkle in hand, rub/massage into skin
2) Sprinkle in hand, gently pat onto skin
3) Sprinkle into hand, rub hands together, then apply to skin
4) Some other method

I myself use option 1, but am wondering if there is a better way.

#3. If you cup your hand, it holds the stuff until you can spread it onto the fingers of both hands.

- Chris

I've only splashed my face once with Aqua Velva (yesterday in fact). I used option number 3, and it seemed to work fine. That's how I apply anything, though--symmetry.

Is there a proper way? how did barbers used to do it?

Gentlemen,

Allow me to put in my two cents worth on the subject of applying aftershave. I prefer to sprinkle some into my left hand, rub my hands together, and finally gently rub the fragrant liquid onto my face. After that, I am ready to challenge Brad Pitt for the next movie role.

Regards,

Obelit

I do #3 , i think the main thing ive always wondered is am i the only one who applies it to a wet face? i hate doing it to my dry face...

i think the only ther thing ive seen is a barber doing it with it in one hand and using a couple fingers rubs all over.

well, if nothing else i find i get slicker, better coverage, and also find that i like how it feels better,
its like, when i put it on to my dry face, the astringent properties of cold water and drying the face make it feel sticky, and almost makes the application lead to irritation, sadly,

so i just do it wet, find it tones better too :cool:

I myself do a little of each. I pour a little into my fingers, then rub it together between the my fingers on both hands (not actually inbetween each individual finger, if you know what I mean) then dab my face in a few spots, then rub in liberally with my entire hand. Works pretty well. I apply a little more if necessary, byt this typically works.

Top Bottom