What's new

Favorite Soapy Cologne?

I'm a sucker for the soapy smelling colognes, and I don't know of very many. My current favorite is Creed Original Vetiver. What do you guys suggest? I'm especially wondering about colognes made by shave soap manufacturers, as I'd guess they're the experts on this kind of smell more so than mainstream stuff.

Any other soapy cologne lovers? Let me know your favs :biggrin:

Penhaligon's Racquets Formula. VERY soapy. In fact, the drydown reminds me of a high-quality soap with some talc.

Although I have the tabac EdC, not the EdT (which I will have to try--my understanding is that it is more floral)

+3. But I'd say that Tabac is more powdery than soapy, though it's a mixture of both. It smells different than the shaving soap IMO. Much less floral.

I'm also a fan of soapy scents. A few I like are:

Fresh, green soap - Mugler Cologne, Guerlain Vetiver or Paul Smith For Men
Old school shaving foam and soap - Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Lemon and Rose soap - Floris No. 89
Arko shaving soap (in a good way) - YSL Kouros

My personal favourite is the Paco, but they're all nice. If you already have the Creed Vetiver, you will probably like the Mugler, Guerlain and Paul Smith frags, but may not feel they justify a purchase as they're all along similar lines. I would add that the Paul Smith, however, can be found heavily discounted at a lot of places, so that's a plus.

I guess it would depend on the soap (since there are so many different soap scents). The first thing I thought of, though, was the Clean products: Clean for Men, Shower Fresh, Warm Cotton. I have a couple extras I plan to put on B/S/T whenever I get around to it.

Gentlemen,

I, too, am a sucker for soapy, and clean, cologne and aftershave fragrances. Tabac, one of my favorites in this category, has already been mentioned. I will add Trumper's Spanish Leather aftershave and Agua Lavanda Puig cologne. They all are delights with a soapy fragrance.

Obelit

Gentlemen,

I, too, am a sucker for soapy, and clean, cologne and aftershave fragrances. Tabac, one of my favorites in this category, has already been mentioned. I will add Trumper's Spanish Leather aftershave and Agua Lavanda Puig cologne. They all are delights with a soapy fragrance.

Obelit

Agreed on Trumpers Spanish Leather.

Gentlemen,

I am ecstatic to find more fans of the Trumper Spanish Leather. I was starting to feel lonely. For me, this aftershave is liquid bliss.

Regards,

Obelit

Mugler Cologne . . . one of my favorites. I get a lot of positive comments when I wear it; my wife loves it on me.

From Basenotes: "Inspired by the clean fresh scent of a soap from Mugler's childhood, Cologne was designed to appeal to people who don't really like fragrance!"

Prada Infusion D' homme :001_smile

Count me in this category as well.
My soapiest: Gendarme.

I'm also a fan of soapy scents. A few I like are:

Fresh, green soap - Mugler Cologne, Guerlain Vetiver or Paul Smith For Men
Old school shaving foam and soap - Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Lemon and Rose soap - Floris No. 89
Arko shaving soap (in a good way) - YSL Kouros
+1

These may not have the crisp clean scent of Mugler cologne but they are still quite soapy.
More than Kouros Original I recommend one of its flankers> The vintage Kouros Fraiche, Kouros Summer, Tattoo, or Sport. You may also want to smell Puro Lino sold by Lucky Scent. It is a bit expensive, but it is the scent of cleanliness if there ever was one. Paris Hilton for Men (yes, Paris Hilton) also has the smell of shampoo. Other fragrances you should try are Rive Gauche pour Homme and Helmut Lang.

+1
Paris Hilton for Men (yes, Paris Hilton) also has the smell of shampoo.

I still have a problem with her but I may have to seek this out because Isaias has impeccable taste in scents. :biggrin:

To add my own two scents (yuk yuk) I will have to add Hermes Caleche Sois de Parfum to this list. It smells like Irish Spring on steroids with my chemistry at least. Try a sampler first and see if it agrees with you in the same way.

Top Bottom