What's new

Lesson Learned

I'm pissed! :mad: Unlike many purists, I do upon occassion trim my handlebar moustache not a big fan of hair hanging in my mouth so every once in a while (with the handlebars waxed up) I'd trim my stash out of my mouth. Result, nice handlebars, no hair hanging in my mouth, it was a beautiful thing.

Well, as you might expect, when the handlebars are not waxed they are 1. Longer than the rest of the moustache and 2. Quite ratty and disheveled. So after the morning's shave I decide to trim a few of the wilder hairs from my stash while it was unwaxed. Never again will I attempt this stunt! I ended up having to amputate both handlebars and I'm now sporting what comes pretty close to a military regulation moustache (picture Hitler meets Charlie Chaplin).

So in review. NEVER, EVER trim your handlebar moustache when it's unwaxed or combed down. ALWAYS wax it first then trim.

PS: From a glass is half full standpoint, I suppose I can now grow it back wider, let it go completely for about another 4-5 months then have an even sicker handlebar moustache.

Top Bottom