What's new

Does Trumper's Rose soap smell as good as the cream?

Like it says...I tried a sample of the rose cream while traveling this weekend, and Wow! The scent lasted quite a while and it really does smell like roses. Does the soap do the same?

The soap is a little more milky scented and muted, and isn't nearly as strong, but basically it's pretty much the same. Although it's not as heavily scented as the cream, I find that the scent of the soap sticks around slightly longer than the cream. It's a very nice soap for my skin.

If you like Rose creams, I would suggest having a whiff of the T&H offering - my personal favourite Rose scented cream.

I find the cream to be a little strong and too sweet (I have the old formulation) - the soap is both more muted and drier, which I prefer.

I also don't think the current formulation of the soap is as good as other products out there. If you're looking for a floral, then I strongly recommend the T&H/Culmak soap, which is a nice lavender and is an all around better product IMHO.

I prefer Trumper's soaps to everything but the old Penhaligon's soaps and the Rose is my favorite out of their scents. I agree with Chris that it is lighter and drier than the cream which I happen to prefer.

Clint

Thanks guys. I may have to go with the cream since I was so smitten with the scent. I'm exclusively a soap guy now, but who knows...I haven't tried anything by T&H yet but I get a reaction from lavender.

I find the cream to be a little strong and too sweet (I have the old formulation) - the soap is both more muted and drier, which I prefer.

I also don't think the current formulation of the soap is as good as other products out there. If you're looking for a floral, then I strongly recommend the T&H/Culmak soap, which is a nice lavender and is an all around better product IMHO.
Agreed - I have both Rose and Coconut in Cream/Soap - and it seems like the cream is always more "heartier" smelling. On the other hand - for sandalwood - the cream is more muted than the soap.

I find the cream to be a little strong and too sweet (I have the old formulation)

Off-topic, but Suzuki, have you noticed a change in Trumper rose cream scent? I have two tubs dating back roughly three and four years, which I had before any talk of Trumper reformulation, and they smell identical to each other. I bought a tube more recently (say, two or three years ago) that smelled quite different - drier and more faint. I thought I got a bum tube, but then when all the talk of reformulation started, I thought that was the answer: I had gotten a reformulated rose tube. It bummed me out, because I didn't like the newer scent at all. Then, I got a sample of rose cream last month in a shipment from QED, and it smells identical to my old rose tubs. So now I'm totally confused. Was there a change at all? Did they change it, then change it back? Or what? Anybody have any ideas?

Per the original question, I find Trumper shaving soap smells quite different from the rose cream, at least the old tubs I have, and the newest sample I've smelled. Their soap more closely resembles T&H rose cream, imo.

Top Bottom