What's new

" What Is The Best Safety Razor For A Beginner? "

Gentlemen,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would recommend the Edwin Jagger 89L for a beginner as well as an old timer.

The razor is mild enough and aggressive enough to please many a taste and shaving capability. What's more, might as well use something that's made with impeccable taste and quality.

Regards,

Obelit

I haven't tried a tech, but I would highly recommend a Superspeed for a beginner. They give a very smooth shave and are gentle enough that you won't miss your old cartridge razor.

I started with an Injector because the angle is the same as most disposables people getused to. Its also fun to change the blade.

I started out with a Merkur HD and it seemed to work just fine for learning. The only other razor I've bought and used is the Merkur classic open comb, which I probably use most now since it is smaller, very manoeverable, you seem to have a better feel with it since it isn't so heavy and the blade can go right up against the skin. But it is more aggressive, there have been a few times that I've taken a nice slice out of my Adam's apple.

But I think an HD is a good choice, really any of the Merkur razors with that particular head will do, the differences from one to the other are mostly feel and it isn't some vast difference that is going to throw you off from catching on to DE shaving if you pick one vs. the other.

Top Bottom