What's new

Did any one else notice...

Michael Jackson died.

You might think something so big would get more coverage.:rolleyes:

Well, at least they Iranian election crisis coincidentally ended at the moment he died so the news channels could devote all their time to MJ coverage.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You mean the guy from the Beer Hunter? He died like two years ago. Get with the times, dude!

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty funny, no wonder I couldn't find any new books... :lol:

He certainly got the royal treatment. I don't think there are many celebrities whose funeral would pre-empt regular programming.

Legion

Staff member
Actually I'm pretty sure he just fled his creditors and is living in Saudi Arabia, wearing a burka.

I could be wrong, though...

I wonder if the tens of thousands of people in London who forked out for concert tickets will get all their money back...:rolleyes:

Maybe I am 'wierd' thinking children should be protected but I thought putting his 11 year old daughter in front of cameras to be seen around the world over and over, exploitive.
Sue

Only in America. Not to deny his contribution to music, but get real. The weirdo has been dead two weeks and its still going strong. It sure brings the cockroaches out of hiding....the news keeps playing clips of *deleted* shooting off their mouths.

Maybe I am 'weird' thinking children should be protected but I thought putting his 11 year old daughter in front of cameras to be seen around the world over and over, exploitive.
Sue

Exploitive, or not, that was one of the most heart rending things I have ever seen on television. As a father of 3 daughters, and knowing how very, very special the father/daughter relationship is, I was heart broken when Paris broke down because her father had passed. Whether or not Michael Jackson, the issue is especially tragic for a young daughter; her one or two sentence confession held the full weight of the world.

Exploitive, or not, that was one of the most heart rending things I have ever seen on television. As a father of 3 daughters, and knowing how very, very special the father/daughter relationship is, I was heart broken when Paris broke down because her father had passed. Whether or not Michael Jackson, the issue is especially tragic for a young daughter; her one or two sentence confession held the full weight of the world.

I totally agree with you. I am a mom and a grandma and a daughter who was blessed to have an absolutely wonderful Dad, now deceased. I, my sons and daughter were with their dad (my husband) when he took his last breath.

I am not minimalizing her pain at all. It's terribly difficult, even as an adult, to bury a parent.

All of that aside, I just don't think it is in the thought process of an 11 year old mind to speak publicly as she did.

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it was her idea; I think it was an adults.

If so, she was exploited by the adults who should be protecting her, not throwing her as a bone to the media frenzy.

Sue

Actually I'm pretty sure he just fled his creditors and is living in Saudi Arabia, wearing a burka.

I could be wrong, though...

I wonder if the tens of thousands of people in London who forked out for concert tickets will get all their money back...:rolleyes:

I am sure that there will be at least as many MJ sightings as there are Elvis sightings over the next few hundred years or so.

Top Bottom