What's new

Finally got a full week of BBS shaves.

Thanks to alot of reading on the boards and some trial and error I have had a full week of consistent baby butt smooth shaves this week. There are quite a number of things I am looking to try out but I fund a combination that works for me and love it.

• Merkur 38c
• Red Personnas (IP) - hand stropped prior to each shave (10x each side=40 total) I don't know where but I read this on a BB thread, I have used the same blade for about 8 shaves so far.
• Proraso SC - hand lather, no brush yet
• Technique - coming from disposables, this was tricky for me but getting the right angle and short strokes really paid off. I do two passes and a third for touch ups.
• Aqua Velva or Old Spice AS

I tried the Feathers and Derby blades but the red ip's just fit my face better. Two products I am eyeing are the TOBS Mr. Taylor cream and some Gillette 7 O'Clock blades. I'll probly start with a cheap brush later as I haven't researched them but am happy with my results so far. Cheers. :biggrin:

thanks, I'm planning on buying a 100 pack or red ip's, but I just wanna try some others. I still have 20 Feathers I wanna give another run too.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's good news, congratulations!

Excellent Jon,

That's pretty much my "go to" combination.

Merkur HD
Red IPs
Proraso (soap).

Proraso AS splash is also worth trying and Mr Taylor's cream is excellent too.

thanks, I just picked up some Pinaud Clubman. Love this stuff, but my wife thinks it smells old.

Top Bottom