What's new

Newbie Checking in

Completed my first DE wetshave on July 4th with a Merkur 38C and the Merkur blade it came with. I used T&H UC cream on a EJ BB medium. Wow! 3 passes and some XTG touch up and my face was still smooth by the 9pm fireworks show. Wow! From start to finish I enjoyed every minute of my first DE experience and my face felt 'happy' for the first time in a long time.

I've beed a Fusion wetshaver for years and finding this site has been a godsend. Actually it's been more like the proverbial DE sword. XAD where X stands for shavers, creams, brushes, etc., has gripped me like vice. It will not let go. I love it!

I spent a lot of time on BB and other sites getting ready for this day and I think all the great advice I gleaned is what made it a success. So, I just wanted to pass my thanks along to the BB community. So much great info here. I look forward to the years ahead . . .

Welcome to Badger and Blade!!

The Merkur 38C is a wonderful razor, that will serve you well for years to come. I have one with the red finish handle, and I totally love it. :smile:

One little bit of advice: get a blade sampler pack from Westcoastshaving. The Merkur blades are in general not held in very high regard around these parts. :lol:

Welcome to B&B, great to have you here, glad to hear you enjoyed your first DE shave

I started with a 38C too, greta shaver, but I agree with earlier sentiments & look into purchasing a sampler pack. Blades can make or break a shave :001_smile

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

I also think you should get a sample pack as Merkur blades are ok but not great.

Top Bottom