What's new

Shave-obsessed.

So I thought I'd check in here first. I've been lurking for quite a few days --checking out mantic's videos.

I'm 21, and after some lengthy beard projects in the last couple of years, I've finally decided to start shaving more regularly (every other day).

The problem is, I can't find my ideal shave, since before I would always have a goatee or something that I was concentrating on.

I am currently using a Schick Quattro 4-blade (sorry in advance), and I find that it just violates and numbs my face. I don't get nicks or cuts, but I can't hear the hairs being cut, it leaves a machine-like trail in the cream after it, and my face feels smooth at the end, but also numb, like the razor is overkill.

I am thinking about trying a Sensor before getting into DE shaving and ... eventually a straight razor. The problem is, when trying a 2 blade in the past, I always got irritation from constantly going over the same area.

Any help is appreciated, and sorry for the long read!

Welcome to B&B!
You are going to have to "re-learn" your technique when you make the switch to DE, so why not skip the middle man and go for it! Even if you step down, make sure to pick up some quality soaps or creams and a decent brush. That alone will give you better shaves. Nice after shaves are also a good investment. Even a great shave is tough on your face and a little post shave recovery always helps.
Lastly, make sure to keep asking questions. You'll always get informative answers, and maybe even some good ol' ribbing from "the guys":biggrin:

Instead of the sensor try the bic metal disposable razors. These are single blade razors but are good for learning technique before taking the DE plunge. And try doing multiple passes instead of going over the same area multiple times without relathering in between. Since you have seen mantics videos try following his advice using the metal or the sensor. Either way you will probably get a better more comfortable shave.

Top Bottom